5,595,339 Members 48,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is screen mirroring on rooted cc possible?

Tip us?

p5f
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Is screen mirroring on rooted cc possible?

At the moment I connect my nexus 5 to the TV with a slimport adaptor and using mx player any video on my phone can be played on my TV. I understand this isn't possible with a non rooted chromecast at the moment, but I have the chance to buy a rooted chromecast. My question is would I be able to play any video mx player supports and send it to a rooted chromecast?

playahate
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5f View Post
At the moment I connect my nexus 5 to the TV with a slimport adaptor and using mx player any video on my phone can be played on my TV. I understand this isn't possible with a non rooted chromecast at the moment, but I have the chance to buy a rooted chromecast. My question is would I be able to play any video mx player supports and send it to a rooted chromecast?
check this out
Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2 Root, Xposed Framework. Nexus 7 3G 32GB stock (rooted).
The Following User Says Thank You to playahate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5f View Post
My question is would I be able to play any video mx player supports and send it to a rooted chromecast?
MX Player, no.
But on a rooted Chromecast with PwnedCast v1.1 ROM installed (it includes KyoCast) and the proper patched AllCast version, videos in formats that Chromecast supports that can be viewed in Gallery can be Shared to AllCast and play on Chromecast.

Keep in mind that streaming content from phone/tablet is not Chromecast's primary playback intent.
See further discussion here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post48168448
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]