5,598,297 Members 47,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To install Cyanogenmod on LG 4x HD ?

Tip us?

sheriffmarcos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How To install Cyanogenmod on LG 4x HD ?

Hi Guys
How to install Cyanogenmod on LG 4x HD?

and can we make it without CWM , as I installed that and briked the phone.

Thanks

#Mr.G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffmarcos View Post
Hi Guys
How to install Cyanogenmod on LG 4x HD?

and can we make it without CWM , as I installed that and briked the phone.

Thanks
Okay, you need to first make sure that your bootloader is unlocked, to check this enable USB debugging, go to your adb directory and open a CMD and run adb reboot oem-unlock

If it returns with 'good to go' or something similar then it's unlocked, if not, follow unlocking procedures.

Second you need to download CM, and CWM.img place the cwm image in your fastboot directory and run fastboot flash recovery 'name of file'.img. once that is done do a bat pull and when you put it back in turn on and hold the volume up key. This will boot you to recovery.

Make a back up.

then you need to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, go to advanced>wipe dalvik cache. Go to mounts and wipe /system

Go to install zip on the main page and locate either on the internal storage or the external storage the zip of CM and install it.

Reboot and wait up to 4-5Minutes for first boot, once booted go to your browser and download the Gapps zip and flash in the same way as you did the Rom without wiping anything. If you would like to use a custom kernel download the correct kernel for your android version and flash in the same way as gapps.

If you have any problems just search for a flashing tutorial or post your problem back in this thread rather then opening a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to #Mr.G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kessaras
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mr.G View Post
Okay, you need to first make sure that your bootloader is unlocked, to check this enable USB debugging, go to your adb directory and open a CMD and run adb reboot oem-unlock

If it returns with 'good to go' or something similar then it's unlocked, if not, follow unlocking procedures.

Second you need to download CM, and CWM.img place the cwm image in your fastboot directory and run fastboot flash recovery 'name of file'.img. once that is done do a bat pull and when you put it back in turn on and hold the volume up key. This will boot you to recovery.

Make a back up.

then you need to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, go to advanced>wipe dalvik cache. Go to mounts and wipe /system

Go to install zip on the main page and locate either on the internal storage or the external storage the zip of CM and install it.

Reboot and wait up to 4-5Minutes for first boot, once booted go to your browser and download the Gapps zip and flash in the same way as you did the Rom without wiping anything. If you would like to use a custom kernel download the correct kernel for your android version and flash in the same way as gapps.

If you have any problems just search for a flashing tutorial or post your problem back in this thread rather then opening a new one.
it doesnt return good to go and this isnt a check if the bootloader is unlocked. please use search and read , dont give false instructions cause later he will post "help how do i return back to stock ?"
the answer is yes he can install teamwin recovery instead and install the cyanogenmod rom. use search and read dont ask before u try find the answer. There are tons of instruction of how to install a rom and tons of videos.

LG Optimus x4 HD
-OmniRom
-iodak v8.5 kernel
Iphone 4s
-IOS 7
Desktop Operating system
-Ubuntu 13.10 x64
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sheriffmarcos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default can we have easier step by step

hi Guys
thanks but can we have can we have easier step by step tutorial / videos

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1539
Quote:
hi Guys
If you aren't capable of following the current instructions then you should not be attempting to mess around with your phone.

None of it is difficult and all the information is out there - make it your responsibility to read, understand and know what to do if it goes wrong.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

kessaras
Old
(Last edited by kessaras; 6th December 2013 at 07:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
hi Guys
people is your weapon. you know how many videos are out there in youtube ? even if its an old one, it will definately help you understand the whole procedure. really it cant be any easier. u need to root the phone so you can install anything. u need to unlock the bootloader so u can change the boot image , you need to format so you have a clean phone and of course you need an os to open up again the phone. like he said it cant be any easier. take for example me. 4 months ago , i start reading and watching videos. it took me 8 days to learn the basic and understand what i have to do and took me one day to do it. 9 days overall. now ? now i can totally mess it up and bring it back to life in 5 minutes... study it a little. you cant mess with linux based os without understanding how it works.

<<EDIT>>
For example ,
Here says u have to do that to unlock.
He says for windows u need the drivers. You can search and find them. For example one place to download them is here.
How to install the drivers has nothing to do with this forum , you must know how to force the drivers in windows , but if u search u will find that too.
To unlock now is only one command in terminal. wait a few seconds and u are done.
The procedure is only one command. the hard part is not something that has to do with the android or the forum. its windows fault if its so lame that cant even recognize properly a simple usb device.

LG Optimus x4 HD
-OmniRom
-iodak v8.5 kernel
Iphone 4s
-IOS 7
Desktop Operating system
-Ubuntu 13.10 x64