5,594,386 Members 34,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] does the Snapdragon version lag LESS than the Exynos?

Tip us?

AM Radio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] does the Snapdragon version lag LESS than the Exynos?

still hemming and hawing. all the reviews at least acknowledge lag in the Eyxnos variant of the Note 10.1 2014, with some of them stating they wish Samsung had given the wifi version a Snapdragon CPU as thought that would solve the problem of lag (which is bloated, un-optimized TouchWiz and Samsung apps)

but does anyone have first-hand experience of Exynos vs. Snapdragon **specifically** for this tablet? is Snapdragon really that much better in real life?

DeBoX
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I've gone from a LTE version to a Wifi only version. (i.e from Snapdragon to Exynos) . This is due to the fact that I couldn't find a 32 gb version of the LTE.

Things I've noticed
Snapdragon:
Menu transitions a tad faster
Program startup a tad faster ( granted this depends on the app)
Game performance a tad better (Note I don't really care much for synthetic benchmarks, yes the dragon is faster in games, but we are talking peanuts in comparison)

Exynos
Wake up from sleep somewhat faster
Battery seems a tad better (had the Snapdragon for a month and the Exynos for about 2 weeks)

The lag is due to the software and overlay, so neither CPU can really compensate for that . I'de say it's like comparing Ferrari to Lamborghini. In principal it comes down to what you need, LTE or not...?

Performance wise too close to call, unless you look at the synthetic benchmarks, but then you also have to keep in mind that they don'w always represent real life. ( companies cheat like crazy on those benchmarks)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeBoX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]