any ROMS that use less space and stock kernel?

Search This thread

terrapin69

Aug 18, 2008
I foolishly upgraded to 4.3 and, of course, it came with all the KNOX crap attached. I can easily download a custom 4.2.2 ROM but then I get that annoying red and yellow "warranty" and "kernel" message at every boot. I also noticed that 4.3 eats up a ton of space - I used to run at like 14% device storage being used, now I'm at almost 60%!

Is there any ROM out there that I could flash that would drastically free up space on the device as well as eliminate the red and yellow messages at the boot?

Thanks

re: roms

I foolishly upgraded to 4.3 and, of course, it came with all the KNOX crap attached. I can easily download a custom 4.2.2 ROM but then I get that annoying red and yellow "warranty" and "kernel" message at every boot. I also noticed that 4.3 eats up a ton of space - I used to run at like 14% device storage being used, now I'm at almost 60%!

Is there any ROM out there that I could flash that would drastically free up space on the device as well as eliminate the red and yellow messages at the boot?

Thanks

There is no way to gain "user available space" even if the rom is half the size it is.

The PIT file (partition information table) pre-determines the size of
the partition where the rom resides which means that regardless of
the size of the rom the space it takes up will be the same and it will
not have any effect on "user available space".

Modifying the PIT file or flashing a pit file which is modified
will result in a expensive shiny brick with a black screen.

Good luck!

Reactions: terrapin69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: roms

Thanks

There is no way to gain "user available space" even if the rom is half the size it is.

The PIT file (partition information table) pre-determines the size of
    the partition where the rom resides which means that regardless of
    the size of the rom the space it takes up will be the same and it will
    not have any effect on "user available space".

Modifying the PIT file or flashing a pit file which is modified
    will result in a expensive shiny brick with a black screen.

Good luck!