5,596,128 Members 34,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrade from Paranoid Android 4.0 alpha to 3.99RC2

Tip us?

CustomRomAddicts
Old
(Last edited by CustomRomAddicts; 5th December 2013 at 07:26 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Downgrade from Paranoid Android 4.0 alpha to 3.99RC2

Hi, i just flashed this Paranoid android 4.0, only later to find out that this is Pure AOSP and there are no PA settings available at the moment. Now i want to downgrade to 3.99RC2. However when i tried to flash, it says some error and i couldn't do it!.. Please help and advice!.. I tried wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik cache..

Is there any other procedure to downgrade?..

P.S> Previously i was using Philz CWM and just for Flashing PA 4.0 i flashed Raw kernel as advised in the PA 4.0 discussion forum. Is it bcoz of that?.. Do i have to go back to Philz Kernel?..

Thanks in advance

nokiamodeln91
Old
(Last edited by nokiamodeln91; 5th December 2013 at 09:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2480
What's the error? Are you trying to restore the backup or flashing as new?
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CustomRomAddicts
Old
(Last edited by CustomRomAddicts; 5th December 2013 at 10:47 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
What's the error? Are you trying to restore the backup or flashing as new?
Yeah i am getting the following.. I am trying to flash as new..

assert failed: getprop( " ro.product.device " ) == " GT-N7000"|| get prop ("ro.build.product)== " GT-N7000"

E: Error in storage/sdcard1/Paranoid Android/pa_n7000
( Status 7 )
Installation Aborted

I tried flashing 3.99 and 3.99RC2! same error! I tried copying the file in Both internal SD and EXT SD but no use!.. But i noticed, when i wiped delvik cache, it says dalvik cache wiped but after that it says " E: unknown colume for path [/sd - ext ] ".. Is this error somehow related to my problem?.

Is it bcoz of the recovery??.. Is there any other recovery out there for Galaxy note N7000 that is compatible with paranoid android?.. Please help..

P.S before Flashing the PA 4.0 Alpha, i was using the stock samsung 4.1.2 ( I rooted the stock ver using the Dr.Ketan method! )

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2480
What recovery do you have?
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CustomRomAddicts
Old
(Last edited by CustomRomAddicts; 5th December 2013 at 01:16 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
What recovery do you have?
Alright.. Fortunately I had taken Nandroid Backup only a day ago.. So i did a Nandroid Restore and it was back to my Stock Rom with the Philz Kernel!..

In the Philz Kernel i wipe/factory Reset, wipe cache and wiped dalvik cache and i flashed Paranoid Android 3.99RC2 and Voila!! It WORKS!!!!!..

For the dude who created Nandroid Backup, I F******g love you man!!

@ Nokia Thanks a lot man for your replies.. In reply to your question, i was using philz kernel and then i flashed Raw kernel to flash PA 4.0 alpha and then i did a Nandroid Restore, Which brought back the Philz Kernel with CWM and then i flashed PA 3.99RC2!! Phewwww

One Question, I am not able to trigger Pie control or not appearing?!! i dont know.. I go to the extended desktop mode and when i press and swipe or swipe from Bottom, the pie control menu doesnt appear!.. Is there any DPI settings we need to adjust for it to enable?.. Please help..

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2480
Ok... glad you are up and running.

CustomRomAddicts
Old
(Last edited by CustomRomAddicts; 5th December 2013 at 01:46 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Ok... glad you are up and running.
One Question, I am not able to trigger Pie control or not appearing?!! i dont know.. I go to the extended desktop mode and when i press and swipe or swipe from Bottom, the pie control menu doesnt appear!.. Is there any DPI settings we need to adjust for it to enable?.. Please help..

UPDATE:-

Alright, Figured it out myself! The pie controls are working!.. I just set the pie trigger area to Huge and its working!! Its Awesome! God Bless the Pie!
Thanks a lot PA guys for your Awesome Work!
Never in my life, have i experienced a buttery smooth Android in my Life! Long live PA! 

Thanks a lot Nokia for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to CustomRomAddicts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaborayyan
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Please if your questions were answered, mark the thread as solved.
Main Phone: Ericsson SH 888 Motorola StarTAC 85 Nokia 3310 Nokia 1110 Samsung D900i -
Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 -
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.

Backup Phone: Nokia 206 Nokia Asha 205 - LG Optimus L1 II E410