G2 rankings (T3 vs Stuff)

Search This thread

Kickoff

Jun 1, 2007
Budapest
Hi,

I bought my G2 a month ago and I am very very satisfied with this phone. I coming from the Iphone (and could not imagine some years ago to have other phone as an Iphone). Last year I tried the Lumia 920 but was not happy with the restrictions and lack of apps in WP8. Then I tried the Nexus4 and it was a big surprise: I learned to love the flexibility of Android. I missed LTE so I switched to the HTC One until I broke the screen and realized the terrible hardware support of HTC.

I noticed a new phone on the top of Stuff's best smartphones list: the LG G2. I read several tests and decided to give a try. Now it is my phone and I am really happy with it. I like LGUI as well. Recently I use Reayglobe ROM on the phone.

The question I would like to discuss / hear your opinions is about ranking of this phone.

Stuff shortlists the G2 still on the first place, and chose the G2 as gadget of the year. Check this: http://www.stuff.tv/

At the same time, T3 ranks the G2 at the 6th place and starts the list with the Iphone 5S, which is in my view unbelievable. (Strange, but in the hard-copies I see different rankings as in the online version where the N5 leads).

Furthermore, in the T3 ranking the Nexus 5 is 2nd and the G2 is 6th (in the online version not even listed) however, the the G2 has everything the N5 offers, and the N5 has not many things we have in the G2.

Why is T3 so much biased for the Iphone? What is behind such ranking? Manufacturer support for the magazine? Are these magazines really independent? :confused:

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
Some reviewers will put the iPhone in first no matter what. Finger print reader and an updated camera... amazing! So innovative lol.

Honestly though... the moto x COULD have been the best phone of the year if they put a decent camera on it and a bigger battery. they didn't so oh well.. I've played with every phone out this year and the best over all imo is defiantly the g2. It has some things that could be better. But a solid package overall

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OldOldDev

Apr 8, 2013
I'm not sure if magazine reviews should be trusted as much as they are. Many reviews are slanted due to certain 'financial incentives'. And Apple allegedly has a very large advertising budget

Last edited: