[Q] LG UI issue and solution

Tip us?

cesar33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] LG UI issue and solution

Let me start with that this is my first LG smart phone, but my families 4th LG and my blog ( tabletuser.blogspot.com ) is full of past experiences on tablets and phones. I'm love that developers are throwing ROM love onto the G2, but...

List what are your LG UI headaches, complaints, "wish was better" on the UI.

Using root, Xposed Frame and a few modules I've adjusted to my liking the LG UI and have zero FC or reboots, but I know there's better out there. Most custom ROMs are cutting edge but you'll some sacrifice stability.

1. I'll start, include option to use PIE control for menu options
2. VZW G2 add volume control to drop down menu
3. more reliable knock knock feature
4. sound equalizer option, I have to install 3rd party app to gain a little extra volume

What ROM addressed your issue with LG G2 UI? What did you lose?

NOTE: I haven't found ANY camera app that works better that LG G2 stock camera app for low light ( indoor and no flash) photos. see my blog for sample pics.

Don't be confused LG G2 is a great, wait GREAT phone!!! I'm just seeking eutopian GREATNESS!!!!!

Incep
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar33 View Post
Let me start with that this is my first LG smart phone, but my families 4th LG and my blog ( tabletuser.blogspot.com ) is full of past experiences on tablets and phones. I'm love that developers are throwing ROM love onto the G2, but...

List what are your LG UI headaches, complaints, "wish was better" on the UI.

Using root, Xposed Frame and a few modules I've adjusted to my liking the LG UI and have zero FC or reboots, but I know there's better out there. Most custom ROMs are cutting edge but you'll some sacrifice stability.

1. I'll start, include option to use PIE control for menu options
2. VZW G2 add volume control to drop down menu
3. more reliable knock knock feature
4. sound equalizer option, I have to install 3rd party app to gain a little extra volume

What ROM addressed your issue with LG G2 UI? What did you lose?

NOTE: I haven't found ANY camera app that works better that LG G2 stock camera app for low light ( indoor and no flash) photos. see my blog for sample pics.

Don't be confused LG G2 is a great, wait GREAT phone!!! I'm just seeking eutopian GREATNESS!!!!!
Visit the development section for your phone and snatch whatever mods you like, is my best advice. Most people are staying on stock LG rom, for good reason, at least don't expect it to run AOSP like a nexus device.
Perhaps use the Rayglobe rom as a basis if you'd like.

3: Knock-on feature is extremely reliable for me doesn't work in maybe 1/30 times. You have to remember that without it requiring to hit the right frequency, there'd be a lot of accidental unlocks.

4. You should install the sound volume mod that's in one of the developer categories. Also tweak it with V4A.

All in all, there's lots of room for improvement with the software on this phone.

zathus
Old
Thanks Meter 299
I personally like the way the vzw volume controls work in the drop down. It appears when its needed and leaves when it's not.

Heck, every issue I've personally had with this phone a developer has already fixed. So I guess my list would be more towards what LG needs to do.

The lg keyboard. I love the full keyboard but it's pretty bad at predictions.

Voice mate. Its pretty much useless. Strike that, it's useless! All manufacturers should just integrate google now in there skins and give it system permissions. Problem solved!

Oh, I do have something a developer could actually work on if there feeling froggy lol

change how slide aside works. Using three fingers is kind of a pain in the butt and not functional. It would be cool to rebind this function to something like, let's say holding the back key slides an app over.

Just a thought

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Tags
custom rom, lg ui, pie, xposed