XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ease of use

Tip us?

mcdanishdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Ease of use

I am considering upgrading to the new 4G network my phone provider has upgraded to and have a few questions for you One fans. The choice is between Galaxy S4 and HTC One. I almost know the answer but where does the One excel? And 2: Is the One as easy to root and install new ROMs on as the Galaxy S III I have (or rephrased: is the One easy to root and install new ROMs on if you have no experiences to compare with).
I could not think of any place else to ask this, I have had so uch use of this site.
From the middle of a heavy hurricane-like storm
Benny in south-west Denmark

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6448
The better place to ask such a question is in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting forum, which is where I've moved this to

As a future reference, only development work belongs in the development forums. If the thread is anything else, it doesn't belong there.

Now, in regards to your questions, I'd honestly say the One excels throughout. I've had the phone since March (just after release) and not had a single problem with it since. Even the fact that mine is an early build hasn't presented any issues either. The thing I'd pinpoint as far as what impressed me the most is the BoomSound dual speakers. The volume and clarity is perfect and is still as good now as when I first got the One.
Rooting and installing ROMs is just as simple as with other phones as well. If you have a search around this forum you'll soon find guides and videos about how to root the One and installing ROMs is exactly the same as with other devices.

I hope this helps
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

mcdanishdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank for the help moving my posting. There's a new contender, the Asus PadFone, but a serious drawback is that the pad is only working WITH the phone inserted.... The tablet tempts, though. A LOT. Desicions, desicions ;=) But it will probably be one of the two first, since they have the capability to act as IR remote for my stereo for a minimal amount. Any experience in that department, any one?? Does it work, without having it hooked up to a car battery under the reclining chair??
From extremely stormy south-west Denmark
Benny

mcdanishdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank for the help moving my posting. There's a new contender, the Asus PadFone, but a serious drawback is that the pad is only working WITH the phone inserted.... The tablet tempts, though. A LOT. Desicions, desicions ;=) But it will probably be one of the two first, since they have the capability to act as IR remote for my stereo for a minimal amount. Any experience in that department, any one?? Does it work, without having it hooked up to a car battery under the reclining chair??
From extremely stormy south-west Denmark
Benny