5,594,653 Members 32,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally wiped my system.. Help!!!

Tip us?

faisalsarkar7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Accidentally wiped my system.. Help!!!

1st of all, i am a beginner. Just brought my android ics phone last month. I also rooted my phone by the help of my friend last week. But yesterday i was trying to restore factory settings. But i accidentally wiped my system. And now my phone wont boot. It stuck in BootScreen. Nothing happens then. I dont have the backup of my rom. what to do now ??? Please help!! Sorry for my bad English & Thanks in advance who wanna help me

ModRQC
Old
Thanks Meter 9
What recovery are you using? Even if you wiped the phone you should still have it running. All you need to do is reboot in recovery mode. Hard to tell you how as I dunno what the phone is.

Before that you'll need to download your stock firmware and put it on the root directory of your SD card if you have one, so that once in recovery you'll actually have something to flash.

If the phone doesn't have a SD slot, then you'll need to use a recovery tool on your PC to flash it.

Right now shut the phone down, remove the battery, find some guides specific about your phone, and read them carefully. There's a reason why we're using recoveries. First thing you should have done is to backup your stock firmware somewhere on your computer or on the cloud, and make sure you knew how to use it if something like that was to happen... Little late for that now.

When you'll know what to do, just mind that you still have enough battery to flash the stock ROM. Come back to ask help here if there's something you don't understand. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to ModRQC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamyourobama
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalsarkar7 View Post
1st of all, i am a beginner. Just brought my android ics phone last month. I also rooted my phone by the help of my friend last week. But yesterday i was trying to restore factory settings. But i accidentally wiped my system. And now my phone wont boot. It stuck in BootScreen. Nothing happens then. I dont have the backup of my rom. what to do now ??? Please help!! Sorry for my bad English & Thanks in advance who wanna help me
No problem. Just install this partition manager free. It is perfectly adapted for windows 8. And you are offered a variety of options which can swap/merge/separate new partitions. With a very easy-to-understand instructions, everything is perfect!
The Following User Says Thank You to iamyourobama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faisalsarkar7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks for kindly reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModRQC View Post
What recovery are you using? Even if you wiped the phone you should still have it running. All you need to do is reboot in recovery mode. Hard to tell you how as I dunno what the phone is.

Before that you'll need to download your stock firmware and put it on the root directory of your SD card if you have one, so that once in recovery you'll actually have something to flash.

If the phone doesn't have a SD slot, then you'll need to use a recovery tool on your PC to flash it.

Right now shut the phone down, remove the battery, find some guides specific about your phone, and read them carefully. There's a reason why we're using recoveries. First thing you should have done is to backup your stock firmware somewhere on your computer or on the cloud, and make sure you knew how to use it if something like that was to happen... Little late for that now.

When you'll know what to do, just mind that you still have enough battery to flash the stock ROM. Come back to ask help here if there's something you don't understand. Good luck!
I am using TWRP recovery in my Chinese Branded SymphonyW35, Do i have to download my stock rom ?

lykosha
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Get original ROM and set him from a computer or through bootlouder
The Following User Says Thank You to lykosha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faisalsarkar7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks for kindly reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykosha View Post
Get original ROM and set him from a computer or through bootlouder
I don't know how to flash my stock rom. Please refer me to a forum containing tutorial about Flash a Rom.....

ModRQC
Old
(Last edited by ModRQC; 6th December 2013 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Well that's the kick, is it? Most of what I found through a quick search was in foreign language... I do english, french, and a little spanish, but that's it...

I did find THIS quite easily though... My bet is, start from there to find infos... That's all I can do right now to help you, sorry!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2379132

Edit : and this one too : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42938085

Mind you they may not be exactly what you're looking for, but you'll surely find your way to an answer if you take some time to read through these.
"As if the darkness had a soul itself that was the sunís assassin hurrying to the west as once men did believe, as they may believe again."

Currently : SGH-I337M Black Mist - Kingston Class 10 32GB - TWRP - Gummy 2.1 Nighly's

Before : a bunch of jailbroken iPs... yeah I was that guy, once.
The Following User Says Thank You to ModRQC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lykosha
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I don't know how to flash my stock rom. Please refer me to a forum containing tutorial about Flash a Rom.....
What telephone, model, do you have? On the model of vehicle find a theme. All must be written up there.