[Q] Writing on desktop

Tip us?

DiscipleDOC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] Writing on desktop

Howdy gurus,
Is there any apps out there that would allow me to write on the actual screen on the Note 8? I mean, can I use my S-Pen to highlight, take notes on the actual screen?
Original translation: "The fool says in his heart, 'no, God'" Psalm 53:1

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (KnoxRaid KitKat - rooted)

intelliriffer
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Howdy gurus,
Is there any apps out there that would allow me to write on the actual screen on the Note 8? I mean, can I use my S-Pen to highlight, take notes on the actual screen?
Hoping I understood your question correctly :

If by desktop you mean like windows or mac, then you could use a remote client like splashtop remote/vnc etc.
or there is another app called virtual tablet that makes your note a virtual tablet for your computer (though pressure sensitivity does not work, but other features can be used)

However if what you are asking is all to do on the note itself then there are a plenty of apps that let you do that and have pen support.
for example in pre installed s-note you can switch between writing pen/pencil/ highlighter / eraser.

I mostly prefer handwriting recognition in the samsung keyboard as with that I can do a lot more in most of office like apps.

FaeMinx
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Search for 'Snap Pad Free' on the play store. You can set the paper transparency to 100% if you wish so it looks like you are drawing directly on the desktop or within any app (it's always available)... then to save, simply make a screenshot. Done.

That's the closest app I know to what you're asking for.

DiscipleDOC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelliriffer View Post
Hoping I understood your question correctly :

If by desktop you mean like windows or mac, then you could use a remote client like splashtop remote/vnc etc.
or there is another app called virtual tablet that makes your note a virtual tablet for your computer (though pressure sensitivity does not work, but other features can be used)

However if what you are asking is all to do on the note itself then there are a plenty of apps that let you do that and have pen support.
for example in pre installed s-note you can switch between writing pen/pencil/ highlighter / eraser.

I mostly prefer handwriting recognition in the samsung keyboard as with that I can do a lot more in most of office like apps.
Hi intelliriffer, thanks for the advice. I think that your second option is close to what I'm focusing on.

DiscipleDOC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeMinx View Post
Search for 'Snap Pad Free' on the play store. You can set the paper transparency to 100% if you wish so it looks like you are drawing directly on the desktop or within any app (it's always available)... then to save, simply make a screenshot. Done.

That's the closest app I know to what you're asking for.
Thanks FaeMinx, I will check that out later.