XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Date and Time in Recoverys

Tip us?

sw1173
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Date and Time in Recoverys

I have a rooted i337 and the date and time in either CWM Touch or TWRP shows jan 14 1970 and the time is GMT. Does anyone know how to have the recoveries show the correct time for EST?
Thanks all help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1173 View Post
I have a rooted i337 and the date and time in either CWM Touch or TWRP shows jan 14 1970 and the time is GMT. Does anyone know how to have the recoveries show the correct time for EST?
Thanks all help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There should be an option for time zone somewhere. Look in the advanced menu for it on TWRP, don't know about cwm.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

sw1173
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
There should be an option for time zone somewhere. Look in the advanced menu for it on TWRP, don't know about cwm.
The issue isn't within TWRP or CWM Touch, but seems to be the internal clock that is showing the GMT Time and the jan 1 1970 time stamp. Any ideas?

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1173 View Post
The issue isn't within TWRP or CWM Touch, but seems to be the internal clock that is showing the GMT Time and the jan 1 1970 time stamp. Any ideas?
It is also the SAME thing that happens on the S3 (at least the ATT version from my experience). I think I remember something about the way our phones are set up from Samsung somehow and no way to correct it on CWM or TWRP side of things.
What I do when making backups in twrp is rename the backup and use the Date and ROM I am on at the time. This way I know which is the newest ROM/firmware I am using.
This screenshot if in my TWRP folder for comparison

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1386342240173.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2436459  

sw1173
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt View Post
It is also the SAME thing that happens on the S3 (at least the ATT version from my experience). I think I remember something about the way our phones are set up from Samsung somehow and no way to correct it on CWM or TWRP side of things.
What I do when making backups in twrp is rename the backup and use the Date and ROM I am on at the time. This way I know which is the newest ROM/firmware I am using.
This screenshot if in my TWRP folder for comparison

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
Thanks man, I had the same issue with my GN2 on AT&T. I seem to have solved that issue by re-flashing any rooted rom thru Odin with the sim in and then re-installing the recovery, boot thru and re-flash the custom rom I run. Just thought there could be an easier way.
Thanks again