XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

global GSM vs US GSM version on tmobile

Tip us?

jinjin12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question global GSM vs US GSM version on tmobile

1) i'm confused as to which one to get. i'm on the tmobile $30 prepaid plan with unlimited data. If i get global GSm version, would i still be able to use my 3g data? If i get the U.S gsm version instead, if i travel outside the U.S, does this mean that prepaid 3g plans on other countries won't work on this phone? i'm confused and need help on which on to get since i want the phone to work with tmobile 3g data while in the U.S but also work when with other data plans in other countries i travel.

2) i got another question, lets say i don't care about using Data and accessing the internet. In which case, does it really matter if i get the global GSM or US gsm if i live in the U.S? i would still the the same signal strength just for talking and texting right?

dannyfritz
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
1) i'm confused as to which one to get. i'm on the tmobile $30 prepaid plan with unlimited data. If i get global GSm version, would i still be able to use my 3g data? If i get the U.S gsm version instead, if i travel outside the U.S, does this mean that prepaid 3g plans on other countries won't work on this phone? i'm confused and need help on which on to get since i want the phone to work with tmobile 3g data while in the U.S but also work when with other data plans in other countries i travel.

2) i got another question, lets say i don't care about using Data and accessing the internet. In which case, does it really matter if i get the global GSM or US gsm if i live in the U.S? i would still the the same signal strength just for talking and texting right?
There was another thread that talked about this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=22

The conclusion was if you are on T-Mobile to go with the US version. You can see the map where the 1700 band is used in the US too.
Tags
data, global, gsm, moto g, tmobile