5,600,429 Members 32,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not much Dev support for our device..

Tip us?

iCUE220
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Not much Dev support for our device..

So as I surf the other galaxy note 2 forums im starting to realize there is hardly NO dev support for our devices.. I mean other galaxy note 2 forums have tons of new development and custom ROMs and what not, but out TMobile forum is pretty much crickets.. lol.. were are all the devs at...?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ungraph
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I'm guessing it's because the T-Mobile variant isn't as popular, to put it in laymen terms, it's a niche device, even though Samsung has sold millions of T889s. You can always head over to the AT&T or the international forum, flash the rom and flash the t-mobile radio. I haven't personally tried it but it technically should work. Anyone who has the skynote rom on their t889 mind sharing how to do that?

g1-and-only
Old
(Last edited by g1-and-only; 6th December 2013 at 12:37 AM.) Reason: Edit
Thanks Meter 5
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I mean you could use some att roms but you have to be careful and flash kernels and even still you'll have data drops and who wants that. I'm just a little pissed at Sammy for the lack of support for our note 2,with so many phones being released you would think they would have worked on 4.3 when it was released from Google and gave it to carriers and told them to not release it until after the note 3 was released, but that's just me I guess. I believe I'll go back to nexus after this phone hopefully by then they will have 64gb and 5000mah battery's inside. :-/ oh and it's not that simple to just flash our modem, there's efs and other technical stuff.

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 440
If you flash intl roms make sure they are for the N7105 and not the N7100.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungraph View Post
I'm guessing it's because the T-Mobile variant isn't as popular, to put it in laymen terms, it's a niche device, even though Samsung has sold millions of T889s. You can always head over to the AT&T or the international forum, flash the rom and flash the t-mobile radio. I haven't personally tried it but it technically should work. Anyone who has the skynote rom on their t889 mind sharing how to do that?
As long as the frequencies from the two carriers are the same, it'll work. (I don't recommend it though, bricked my phone, but thank nandroid backup)

Smack that thanks button if I helped.

N7105 Note 2 LTE International powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Plasma Kernel 2.02
Sent from a small country named Singapore
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

payazo915
Old
(Last edited by payazo915; 6th December 2013 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 61
I've had sky note on my t889. You flash the rom then reboot. Reboot to recovery and flash devil kernel. Then boot back up and enter tmo apn. Works good if your in an lte area but data drops on 4g.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

onlychevys
Old
Thanks Meter 1014
I'm not a dev, but I've been building from source for the tmobile gs2 and now have the note2. I should be able to build pretty much any stable rom for this device that is built for any other note2. I'm running slimkat right now.

Phone:Galaxy Note2
Rom: SlimKat-4.4.2,build 3.2
Kernal: Stock

Well waddayuknow one buwwett weft! E. Fudd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onlychevys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]