Looking for a ROM with good battery life on the i717 note

Tip us?

hopsin4444
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Default Looking for a ROM with good battery life on the i717 note

Hey there xda family!! Today I am in search of a ROM for the i717 note that has decent battery life I have flashed just about every ROM I can find for this phone and I keep getting about the same battery life I go threw about 10 to 18% every half an hour to an hour and that to me seems really odd so I've tried replacing the battery and nothing keep getting the same thing so if anyone out there knows of a ROM where I can get decent battery life please please please please share!!!!!!!! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
I'm afraid your question is opinion based and no one can really give you an answer your looking for but you.

Some things to consider are newer versions of Android have cool new stuff. Unfortunately cool new stuff runs in the background and wakes the device more often. So an older version of Android may have less stuff running in the background. But if you have root access you can freeze, or remove resource hogs. Some devs make vanilla roms. But then you may be missing the feature you want. How many apps or tasks running depends on you. You can install wake detector and monitor what's waking your device and killing your battery. In my experience Google now, Google search, and apps like Facebook just suck power so I remove them. Also using dark or black themes can greatly help improve battery life. The screen on my phone with a solid white picture can be on for 4 hours. Where it can stay on for 8 hours displaying a black picture. That's a HUGE difference! Probably because our screen is huge. Also cell signal matters. A slow weak signal drains power faster. Being on Wi-Fi helps.

There's just Soooo many factors to consider that are user based. I'm sorry I can't say "this rom is the best", but hopefully I gave you some tips how to choose what works best for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopsin4444
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
I'm afraid your question is opinion based and no one can really give you an answer your looking for but you.

Some things to consider are newer versions of Android have cool new stuff. Unfortunately cool new stuff runs in the background and wakes the device more often. So an older version of Android may have less stuff running in the background. But if you have root access you can freeze, or remove resource hogs. Some devs make vanilla roms. But then you may be missing the feature you want. How many apps or tasks running depends on you. You can install wake detector and monitor what's waking your device and killing your battery. In my experience Google now, Google search, and apps like Facebook just suck power so I remove them. Also using dark or black themes can greatly help improve battery life. The screen on my phone with a solid white picture can be on for 4 hours. Where it can stay on for 8 hours displaying a black picture. That's a HUGE difference! Probably because our screen is huge. Also cell signal matters. A slow weak signal drains power faster. Being on Wi-Fi helps.

There's just Soooo many factors to consider that are user based. I'm sorry I can't say "this rom is the best", but hopefully I gave you some tips how to choose what works best for you.
Thank you very much and ya I am not new at android development I've been doing it sense the dawn of cyanogenmod Lol it just confuses the hell out of me cause I have never had a phone with a custom ROM that has had such poor battery life I mean its worse than when cm7 came out for the captivate Lol and that's saying something haha but I really do appreciate the response thank you again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
On every device I have I install https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetectorwake lock detector, and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sfeng.greenifygreenify. They both are must have apps. Wake lock will let you know what's waking your phone and how many times. Greenify will let you hibernate it.