Tip us?

greg.dassing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default I can't flash any 4.4 KitKat ROM's

Hey Guys,

I feel really stupid that I can't figure this out. I have a T-Mobile HTC One that I've tried 3 different 4.4 ROM's now (OMNI, CM11, and TripKat) and all of them fail. I perform a full factory reset and wipe before each. I've received several errors about a build.prop and something else but heres the most common and the latest:

"Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard *screen is cut off and can't read rest of line*
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/m7ul_signed *screen is cut off and can't read rest of line*
Updating partition details...
Failed"

I'm currently running GPE 4.3 with Kernel version 3.4.10-ge22f38b which is the only stable restore I currently have. I have no idea what happen to the stock ROM I ALWAYS backup as soon as I get a new device. I was running the PAC Man ROM (sorry, I can't remember the name of it at the moment) before I ran into this issue. I'm still S-ON but I've never had a single issue flashing ROM's before 4.4. I've looked around but can't find anybody with this specific issue. I've seen some people that can't update to 4.4 from GPE 4.3 but thats not what I'm trying to do here. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated! Please let me know if theres any other pertinent information I left out. Thank you for your time!

-Greg

Ken4G
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dassing View Post
Hey Guys,

I feel really stupid that I can't figure this out. I have a T-Mobile HTC One that I've tried 3 different 4.4 ROM's now (OMNI, CM11, and TripKat) and all of them fail. I perform a full factory reset and wipe before each. I've received several errors about a build.prop and something else but heres the most common and the latest:

"Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard *screen is cut off and can't read rest of line*
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/m7ul_signed *screen is cut off and can't read rest of line*
Updating partition details...
Failed"

I'm currently running GPE 4.3 with Kernel version 3.4.10-ge22f38b which is the only stable restore I currently have. I have no idea what happen to the stock ROM I ALWAYS backup as soon as I get a new device. I was running the PAC Man ROM (sorry, I can't remember the name of it at the moment) before I ran into this issue. I'm still S-ON but I've never had a single issue flashing ROM's before 4.4. I've looked around but can't find anybody with this specific issue. I've seen some people that can't update to 4.4 from GPE 4.3 but thats not what I'm trying to do here. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated! Please let me know if theres any other pertinent information I left out. Thank you for your time!

-Greg
TWRP or CWM? Whichever it is, you have made sure you are running the latest version of the recovery?

There are also reports of needing to be S-OFF for some 4.4 roms to work. Still, I dont think that is your issue right now as they are able to flash the roms at least. (The issue with S-ON is crashing/rebooting once they get into the initial setup of the phone after first boot.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ken4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greg.dassing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4G View Post
TWRP or CWM? Whichever it is, you have made sure you are running the latest version of the recovery?

There are also reports of needing to be S-OFF for some 4.4 roms to work. Still, I dont think that is your issue right now as they are able to flash the roms at least. (The issue with S-ON is crashing/rebooting once they get into the initial setup of the phone after first boot.)
I was on the PAC-Man ROM and it would reboot like every third screen unlock! So that helps explain why that was happening at least! Hahaha!

I'm using TWRP...I haven't updated it in while so that could be the issue. I'm currently running v2.6.0.1. I'll have to check to see what the latest version is. I'll attempt to S-OFF (still laugh at that!) and update to the latest TWRP version and try again...thanks for the info!

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.dassing View Post
I was on the PAC-Man ROM and it would reboot like every third screen unlock! So that helps explain why that was happening at least! Hahaha!

I'm using TWRP...I haven't updated it in while so that could be the issue. I'm currently running v2.6.0.1. I'll have to check to see what the latest version is. I'll attempt to S-OFF (still laugh at that!) and update to the latest TWRP version and try again...thanks for the info!
2.6.3.3 is the latest. If you read the thread in most of these kitkat ROMs you'll need that version.
The Following User Says Thank You to PcFish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greg.dassing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcFish View Post
2.6.3.3 is the latest. If you read the thread in most of these kitkat ROMs you'll need that version.
Thank you, sir!