5,597,542 Members 31,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SOS Fastboot/ADB/Recovery not working

Tip us?

fyrestorm90
Old
(Last edited by fyrestorm90; 4th December 2013 at 07:01 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] SOS Fastboot/ADB/Recovery not working

My LG-E970 (AT&T) will not boot. What happened was FreeGee had an error part way though and I did not think anything of it. I had already successfully rooted my phone hours earlier and all seemed to be working well. I turned my phone off for the night and when I went to turn it back on it would not boot. It went into what it called "Demigod" mode, from which I can access Fastboot, but the recovery appears to be broken as well. I have tried accessing Fastboot to re-flash the recovery but neither Fastboot or ADB can even find the device. I've tried every USB driver I can find and nothing seems to help. Device Manager shows when it's connected under Unknown Devices and it names it Android, but ADB and Fastboot don't see it. All I can see on the Fastboot screen is the following information:

FASTBOOT MODE
PRODUCT_NAME - mako
VARIANT - mako 16GB
HW VERSION - rev_10 (168)
BOOTLOADER VERSION - MAKOZ10f
BROADBAND VERSION - N/A
CARRIER INFO - NONE
SERIAL NUMBER - 003fa9505095f3a5
SIGNING - production
SECURE BOOT - enabled
LOCK STATE - unlocked

Any solutions would make me incredibly grateful. I have tried everything I can think of and I hate having to ask for help, but I see no other choice at this point.

aedren
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrestorm90 View Post
My LG-E970 (AT&T) will not boot. What happened was FreeGee had an error part way though and I did not think anything of it. I had already successfully rooted my phone hours earlier and all seemed to be working well. I turned my phone off for the night and when I went to turn it back on it would not boot. It went into what it called "Demigod" mode, from which I can access Fastboot, but the recovery appears to be broken as well. I have tried accessing Fastboot to re-flash the recovery but neither Fastboot or ADB can even find the device. I've tried every USB driver I can find and nothing seems to help. Device Manager shows when it's connected under Unknown Devices and it names it Android, but ADB and Fastboot don't see it. All I can see on the Fastboot screen is the following information:

FASTBOOT MODE
PRODUCT_NAME - mako
VARIANT - mako 16GB
HW VERSION - rev_10 (168)
BOOTLOADER VERSION - MAKOZ10f
BROADBAND VERSION - N/A
CARRIER INFO - NONE
SERIAL NUMBER - 003fa9505095f3a5
SIGNING - production
SECURE BOOT - enabled
LOCK STATE - unlocked

Any solutions would make me incredibly grateful. I have tried everything I can think of and I hate having to ask for help, but I see no other choice at this point.
I hope you backed up your EFS. Mine was borked by the broken FreeGee that I ran the other night.

I was able to install a custom recovery from Linux by adding a udev rule and restarting the udev service. (Unlike Windows nonsense, this doesn't require a complete new packaging of the driver.)

If you're willing to tackle some Ubuntu (which is easy), I can give you a step-by-step to getting a custom recovery on your phone. It will probably work even from a live CD without even having to install Ubuntu to your harddrive.

Rishi.
Old
(Last edited by Rishi.; 6th December 2013 at 06:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Have you read and tried about the LGNPST method of flashing the TeenyBins and installing TWRP recovery ??
I think it should work , as I had the same issue as of today and with the help of those I was at least able to install TWRP recovery. Haven't tried flashing any ROM but I think it should work.

------------------------------------------------------;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230994
Please read it carefully.You'll find all the information in the thread , let me know if I can be of any help.

Here's my thread for the issue I had today , it seems similiar to your's.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557320