XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi mac address

Tip us?

MADSHERMAN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Wifi mac address

I ROOTED MY ANDROID 4.1.1 AND LOST MAC ADDRESS AND IP ADRESS CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SIMPLE STEP BY INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO REPAIR THIS IN PHONE STATUS SHOWING MAC ADDRESS UNAVAILIBLE AND IP ADRESS UNAVAILIBLE PLEASE HELP JUS BOUGHT THIS THING

OffcerClancy
Old
(Last edited by OffcerClancy; 6th December 2013 at 04:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSHERMAN View Post
I ROOTED MY ANDROID 4.1.1 AND LOST MAC ADDRESS AND IP ADRESS CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SIMPLE STEP BY INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO REPAIR THIS IN PHONE STATUS SHOWING MAC ADDRESS UNAVAILIBLE AND IP ADRESS UNAVAILIBLE PLEASE HELP JUS BOUGHT THIS THING
Your post doesn't indicate if you are still able to access a WiFi network. If you can, do so on a network that you can enter the router and see what is listed for the Mac under the "attached devices" tab.

Once you have that info, I think I remember seeing a post RE editing Mac adds somewhere.

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSHERMAN View Post
1. the ip address of your smartphone is given by your locale oder mobile network, depending on what you are running!

2. your mac address if deleted is hard to recover, so most new devices don't have them hard coded or hardware based, biut in the rom of your mobile chipset.. so try a mac address changer from the play store maybe, if you have root

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]