XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Great support by HTC Germany

Tip us?

Hannes_HD2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Great support by HTC Germany

As the main topics of this forum are whining about the update situation, ranting about hardware defects and other unpleasant stuff (but justified, though), I'd like to share my recent - positive! - experience with HTCs support.
A week ago I decided to send in my phone because it suffered from the well know wifi-problem. I also mentioned that I had some screen flickering when the battery was running low, but I had lived with that for the last 18 months and it wasn't a big deal.

So, what did HTC do to my phone?
They replaced the wifi module. They replaced the bezel module (apparently something related to the display). They replaced the battery. And on top of that, they replaced the white cover, which had suffered from far too many falls to the ground. They reinstalled the newest firmware.

So, what did I pay?
Nothing.
Just picked it up, and in fact, I have a new phone, which will be good enough for the next 18 months of calling, texting, internet browsing, music, youtube, reference, a little gaming - with or without 4.4.

So, after my beloved HD2 died the day the One X was released in Germany, I immediately got one. And it is and was a great phone. It never reached the unbelievable community support the HD2 had (which never even received the last official version of windows mobile 6.5 from HTC), but it still is a great phone with a great design and user interface.

Okay, I just wanted to add this, hoping that there is still anybody here actually enjoying this beast of a phone

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

and313
Old
Thanks Meter 532
I just have to.... I returned mine 4 times because they didnt want to acknowledge the wifi problem and then the backlight problem. Then the newest update came (sense 5) and it broke my wifi. Called htc they said i have to wait for an update. Which took 3 months. Which means i couldnt use my wifi for 3 months... So yeah

I am glad for you you had a good experience.

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 4

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2025
i think it's just in nearly all other countries except of germany htc has really bad support...because in germany i got the problem with apx mode...bad wifi...bad battery life even with second battery...and housing was in a bad condition too...send it to them...and see there all except from the screen was new screen wasn't replaced because it was already like new and i just had to pay a few €for the delivering nothing more graet support in germany...but bad in others :/ ..
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

HTC Venom
Old
Thanks Meter 196
I had a good support from HTC repairing center in Middle East

I asked my brother to buy me the HOX from KSA is it was there much cheaper than here in my country Jordan , adn he biught it with an international warranty , I rooted it and Flashed a Custom ROM on day one

within a year I started to suffer from Black Screen of Death , I did send it to HTC local repair center but they claimed that the international warranty only covers software things so I decided to send it back to KSA with express shipping to my brother

there at KSA they replaced the Main Board without a question for free and my brother brought back with him , maybe I were lucky enough

previous phones Nokia 5210 ----> Samsung V200 ----> Sony Ericson K750 ----> Iphone 2G ----> ( HTC ONE X, and HTC Sensation XE)

If you have a broken G-Sensor on your HTC One X try my [TUT] here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420209

lexuz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
i think it's just in nearly all other countries except of germany htc has really bad support...because in germany i got the problem with apx mode...bad wifi...bad battery life even with second battery...and housing was in a bad condition too...send it to them...and see there all except from the screen was new screen wasn't replaced because it was already like new and i just had to pay a few €for the delivering nothing more graet support in germany...but bad in others :/ ..
Support in Holland is also very good, just had my volume rockers broken and they have fixed in a couple of days and fitted the latest firmware. And this time table was including sending it in and back with a courier. Happy with the HTC ( the same story applies to my old sensation).

One-X-master
Old
Thanks Meter 2025
yea i think in whole EU we have better support then somewhere else...but also here some guys were not so lucky like we :/ ...
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!