Remove "Available Update"

Tip us?

sferley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Remove "Available Update"

Hi,

Since I do not wish to update to the official Samsung 4.3 update, could someone please help me to figure out how to remove update notification?
The i9505 (International Unlocked) version was originally set to get notifications about updates. This has been turned off, however it is still bugging me to update the phone.
Looking through the file explorer I can't find the update file anywhere and to stop nagging me about updating the phone.

Someone have any idea?

Thanks

S.

Squeazer
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Try going to Settings -> Apps -> Google Services Framework and unselect Show Notifications.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squeazer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akadxda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
OTA - update.zip is located in the cache (if downloaded)
If you have a root can delete FWUpgrade.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to akadxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sferley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadxda View Post
OTA - update.zip is located in the cache (if downloaded)
If you have a root can delete FWUpgrade.apk
Thanks for all your help.. Was able to use the ES File Explorer (Root) to find the FWUpgrade.apk and rename it.
Could not find the update.zip file anywhere. Ran a search.
The other items i found while researching this is set the permissions to 0 on /data/fota then reboot. Even though it seems to auto reset them to 771 it seems to clear that folder of anything hidden and hasn't bugged me since.
Also changed the following in /system/app folder from .apk to .apk.bak
- FotaClient.apk -> FotaClient.apk.bak
- FWUpgrade.apk -> FWUpgrade.apk.bak <- Even with just those 2 disabled it still bugged me about updating.

- wssyncmlnps.apk -> wssyncmlnps.apk.bak

Then last thing that seemed to have helped is, to disable services utilizing the ES Task Manager -> Startup Manager and disabling just about all the samsung SyncAdapter, samsung account, as it seems to rename/renable wssyncmlnps.apk (like a virus). Also Disable "Software update".

This seems to have worked..

I really wish samsung/google would stop trying to be viral with their firmwares.