5,595,067 Members 39,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question regarding sprint apn settings [mobile network not available]

Tip us?

dashizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Question regarding sprint apn settings [mobile network not available]

Hello thanks in advance for anyone who can help with this question. Ive been all around xda and other forums as well and cant find a solution to my issue. I had "the peoples rom gs317 on my phone for a wile and everything was fine. Tuesday night I went to the official nightly of cm 10.2 (I've flashed a nightly of this rom before with no issues) and after that I've lost voice and text. Possible related to APN settings maybe? When I try and make a phone call I get "mobile network not available" and when I try and send a text I get a similar message. What I do have is data I still have my LTE/4G connection. Tried flashing different radios and roms with no luck. Tried the APN fix below with no luck

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794956

Finally went back to un-rooted stock rom and went to the sprint store, they seemed pretty surprised because under phone status/info it shows no mobile number and PRL 0000 The crazy thing is in the sprint store I had no data signal (dumb sprint coverage)l so they said it has to do with the crack on my screen?!? and my cellular chip may be bad??? I said thats seems odd to me given the screens been cracked for 6 months. They ran the phone with their diagnostics machine which I thought would fix it but nothing. I'm now at home and my data connection is fine again. Should I try taking it to a different store? Any thoughts/solutions would be much appreciated.

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Have you tried to reactivate your phone, you'll need to be in a touchwiz rom and then dial ##72786#
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o

dashizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow that dialer code didnt work before I took it to the sprint store! Now it DID. Thanks jdelano! I can make phone calls and text now! Only thing is now my data is gone. any thoughts?

dashizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK everything works now. Started getting a switch error when calling and did a CLFS refresh listed here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1194460

rebooted the phone and everything is working great thanks for your help jdelano!