Need your help on this!!!

Search This thread

Kristaps-K9-Lv

Jan 27, 2009
I live in a house :D
Ok so I need help!!
I need a software - with this software you can scan (lets say) a 1m x 1m large poster on a 20cm x 20cm scanner and the software stitches the scaned parts together to make a one big poster on your PC!!! like panorama photos only with scaners!!

does anybody know a software like this?? im asking for help because I dont even know what key words do I have to search in google!!

flyboyovyick

Apr 7, 2009
You could paint. Basically you could scan one part, put it in paint then open another paint Scan the next bit of the picture, stick it in the empty paint, copy it to the paint with the first part in and stick it next to it.

Or you could try (not very well known) Microsoft Autocollage 2008. But im not sure on how it would look.

flyboy

Kristaps-K9-Lv

Jan 27, 2009
You could paint. Basically you could scan one part, put it in paint then open another paint Scan the next bit of the picture, stick it in the empty paint, copy it to the paint with the first part in and stick it next to it.

Or you could try (not very well known) Microsoft Autocollage 2008. But im not sure on how it would look.

flyboy

Do you know how hard it is to work in paint with a high res image (if the image res is higher then your screen res) Im talking about really high res images right now !! :D

will try the microsofty thingy! :D

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Maybe photoshop or leading alternative that is free and legal like gimp to stich it together.

Gimp may be a little crap but still years ahead of paint. <= meant that the first time...

Last edited:

Kristaps-K9-Lv

Jan 27, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions!!!

after a while of searching I found ArcSoft Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe its just what I needed - you just scan the parts (parts may be a bit offset or scan some places twice) and the sodtware stitches the parts together!! :D