5,600,725 Members 38,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM Card nit read but working [HELP!!!]

Tip us?

xSharpi
Old
(Last edited by xSharpi; 6th December 2013 at 08:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question SIM Card nit read but working [HELP!!!]

This is probably one of the oddest things thats ever happened to me, but I was recently on 4.1.2 and unlocked on the AT&T Galaxy S3. Before my SIM would work as normal and show T-Mobile when pulling down the notification bar, data, calling etc. Since I updated to 4.3 there isn't any text when pulling down the the notification not even "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" Like when there isn't a SIM in. I can't even access apn's it's telling me I need to insert a SIM card but the thing is I do have one inserted and I can text and call (411 doesnt work for some reason but other numbers do) I can't do data only text and call. Is there a way if I have to, downgade 4.3 to 4.1.2?

Thanks and much appreciated

dntesinfrno
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSharpi View Post
This is probably one of the oddest things thats ever happened to me, but I was recently on 4.1.2 and unlocked on the AT&T Galaxy S3. Before my SIM would work as normal and show T-Mobile when pulling down the notification bar, data, calling etc. Since I updated to 4.3 there isn't any text when pulling down the the notification not even "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" Like when there isn't a SIM in. I can't even access apn's it's telling me I need to insert a SIM card but the thing is I do have one inserted and I can text and call (411 doesnt work for some reason but other numbers do) I can't do data only text and call. Is there a way if I have to, downgade 4.3 to 4.1.2?

Thanks and much appreciated
Not if you installed the offical 4.3 ota, which installs a new bootloader that wont allow you to downgrade. It *should* just fail if you attempt to but if the failsafe doesn't work and it successfully flashes you will have a nice new hardbrick. If you are on 4.3 custom or leaked rom then you should be fine.
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747

xSharpi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dntesinfrno View Post
Not if you installed the offical 4.3 ota, which installs a new bootloader that wont allow you to downgrade. It *should* just fail if you attempt to but if the failsafe doesn't work and it successfully flashes you will have a nice new hardbrick. If you are on 4.3 custom or leaked rom then you should be fine.
Do you know any fix or what I could do have my data and my sim not showing backup again?