5,595,196 Members 45,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlock TF300T 4.2

Tip us?

mj56gt
Old
(Last edited by mj56gt; 6th December 2013 at 06:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Unlock TF300T 4.2

My TF300T has the most recent stock ROM 10.6.1.27.5, locked without root. I'm planning to unlock the Bootloader, but want to confirm a couple of things. I should use V8 version from the Asus website, right? Will I lose all the data after the unlock? If so, how can I back up all the data before unlocking it? Thanks!

gorilla p
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj56gt View Post
My TF300T has the most recent stock ROM 10.6.1.27.5, locked without root. I'm planning to unlock the Bootloader, but want to confirm a couple of things. I should use V8 version from the Asus website, right? Will I lose all the data after the unlock? If so, how can I back up all the data before unlocking it? Thanks!
Yes it looks like that's what is supposed to be used, however I downloaded this to my device and ran it, and I keep getting "There was a problem parsing the package". I tried 2 different file explorers, downloaded from 2 different locations (asus website and xda), tried transferring from computer to tablet as well as downloading straight to tablet, and still no luck. Does this need to be downloaded to a SD card in order to work? At the moment, it's being downloaded to "download" in itnernal storage, which I have downloaded a few other APK's to and installed without issue.
Tags
unlock bootloader