XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Crazy lack of performance

Tip us?

Bayshane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Crazy lack of performance

I went into the Apple store the other day to play with the new iPad mini and tested out a game called raven sword. I remember thinking the graphics were pretty good so I bought the same game for my new note 10.1 when I got home. Immediately I noticed the graphics were no where near as good. Do I restarted the tablet and made sure all other apps were closed. I remember a thread here about asphalt also not allowing high performance for some people on this tablet. Sure enough I tried that game too and the high performance aren't even options. Making sure it wasn't just android in general I installed ravensword on my note 2 phone which has been on for days and has a ton of other apps open including two browsers with a ton of tabs.. the game ran flawlessly and looked the same as it did on the iPad. What the hell is going on here.. someone please let me know what might be throttling my note 10.1 2014 so much. I really like it and nothing can match the pen input but this really isn't okay.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

benni2903
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayshane View Post
I went into the Apple store the other day to play with the new iPad mini and tested out a game called raven sword. I remember thinking the graphics were pretty good so I bought the same game for my new note 10.1 when I got home. Immediately I noticed the graphics were no where near as good. Do I restarted the tablet and made sure all other apps were closed. I remember a thread here about asphalt also not allowing high performance for some people on this tablet. Sure enough I tried that game too and the high performance aren't even options. Making sure it wasn't just android in general I installed ravensword on my note 2 phone which has been on for days and has a ton of other apps open including two browsers with a ton of tabs.. the game ran flawlessly and looked the same as it did on the iPad. What the hell is going on here.. someone please let me know what might be throttling my note 10.1 2014 so much. I really like it and nothing can match the pen input but this really isn't okay.

Most likely the games arent optimized. It is a new device so it could take some time :P

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bayshane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey thanks for the quick response.. I thought the same myself so I waited a couple weeks then I saw this post where someone shows theirs with the high graphics performance options. Now I'm thinking it must be something wrong with mine. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47889956

benni2903
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Yeah thats true. He owns the LTE variant with the snapdragon SoC (p605). I'm running the wifi only model (p600) and I am not able to choose high graphics in asphalt 8. I dont think there is something wrong with our devices. Developers didnt know how good the performance of the new exynos processor woud be... so they just prevented problems by making the graphics worse and the gameplay fluid

Bayshane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ahh ok, I see what you're saying. So is it safe to assume the note 3 with the exynos is having the same issues? Crazy considering its been out for months. If this is the case I guess I feel better at least knowing it's not the actual device.

benni2903
Old
Thanks Meter 167
I cant guarantee it but i guess things will become better in 1 or 2 month when the device gets more attention or a few custom roms. My S4 wasnt perfect at the start but now it is a beast

Elim
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayshane View Post
I remember thinking the graphics were pretty good so I bought the same game for my new note 10.1 when I got home. Immediately I noticed the graphics were no where near as good [...]
We don't have to blame Samsung but the App developers which still live (a) in a Apple world or (b) in the 80ies because they still didn't learn how to write Apps for Android in a proper way.

And because I also buy this game and write a mail to the developers, you maybe also should do it.

And in general this seems still to be normal that we have to wait until some Apps are "fixed" for this device. I have this also with my first Android tablet which was by most Apps recognized as a phone and later with the HTC One X where many games didn't work at the beginning. But I didn't expect that this "problem" still exists.

So, we have to wait and inform in-between the developers when a App didn't work correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benni2903
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elim View Post
We don't have to blame Samsung but the App developers which still live (a) in a Apple world or (b) in the 80ies because they still didn't learn how to write Apps for Android in a proper way.

And because I also buy this game and write a mail to the developers, you maybe also should do it.

And in general this seems still to be normal that we have to wait until some Apps are "fixed" for this device. I have this also with my first Android tablet which was by most Apps recognized as a phone and later with the HTC One X where many games didn't work at the beginning. But I didn't expect that this "problem" still exists.

So, we have to wait and inform in-between the developers when a App didn't work correct.
That may be the better solution so devs can see that there are people who would like to use their apps/games but are not satisfied with the fact that it looks not good on a hig end device