Wifi problem on stock de odexed

Tip us?

tony_stark_noob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Exclamation Wifi problem on stock de odexed

Hey guys need a help
Just don't slap me with - noob search this that blah blah :P (i know I'm one still read patiently)

Well i flashed a stock de odexed rom today via (hells kernel) cwm
When wifi was toggled it scanned for a while and then rebooted...
I flashed wifi drivers, re flashed kernel etc. Yet rom rebooted. Back to Evo X and wifi is fine (so i assumed it's a problem in software not my mobile)
I actually tried flashing drivers, setting permissions and re flashed kernel..
I searched on XDA and majority of posts were ICS and JB roms.. Hence I posted this. Thanks in advance

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1718

DONATE TO ME
If you're using hells fusion #50 kernel Flash dhd1.1 in cwm with system mounted
if you are using most other stock based kernels flash dhd-stock in cwm with system mounted
Attached Files
File Type: zip dhd1.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (240.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: zip dhd-stock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (241.0 KB, 11 views)

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tony_stark_noob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
if you are using most other stock based kernels flash dhd-stock in cwm with system mounted

Thanks a lot sir i didn't know about the two different files. I had oly dhd
And thanks for uploading it too ^_^

tony_stark_noob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Sir it didn't work... After i flashed drivers(with system mounted) and toggled wifi, it detected network but then rebooted (actually it was more like hot boot)... Just as it was before. I guess i didn't download a proper de odexed rom.

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_stark_noob View Post
Sir it didn't work... After i flashed drivers(with system mounted) and toggled wifi, it detected network but then rebooted (actually it was more like hot boot)... Just as it was before. I guess i didn't download a proper de odexed rom.
if you have rom problems

download any stock based custom rom from dev section and put on root of sd card
go into recovery
flash temp cwm zip if using a kernel that doesn't already have cwm
goto mounts and storage
format system data and cache
mount system data and cache
flash rom zip
restart

at the moment you cannot download stock roms to flash via odin as hotfile has been closed down although I have uploaded a stock rom firmware to dev host which you can find on or near the last page of dokys firmware thread on dev section - it will boot your phone but its European firmware so may not work on your network but at least it will boot your phone if flashing a custom rom with the method above doesn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tony_stark_noob
Old
(Last edited by tony_stark_noob; 6th December 2013 at 12:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
if you have rom problems

download any stock based custom rom from dev section and put on root of sd card
go into recovery
flash temp cwm zip if using a kernel that doesn't already have cwm
goto mounts and storage
format system data and cache
mount system data and cache
flash rom zip
restart

at the moment you cannot download stock roms to flash via odin as hotfile has been closed down although I have uploaded a stock rom firmware to dev host which you can find on or near the last page of dokys firmware thread on dev section - it will boot your phone but its European firmware so may not work on your network but at least it will boot your phone if flashing a custom rom with the method above doesn't work
No worries sir, i have Evolution X rom and 2 other in my sd card. Also i have 2 backups.. I just wanted to experiment and probably try to solve the issue on stock. I'm in evo x and everything is working fine.
Thanks a lot for assisting me immediately (pressed the button too :P)
The thing is i don't have a comp. So i was trying out different stock (cwm flashable) . I will just download one from doky's thread after the website issue has been sorted out

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_stark_noob View Post
No worries sir, i have Evolution X rom and 2 other in my sd card. Also i have 2 backups.. I just wanted to experiment and probably try to solve the issue on stock. I'm in evo x and everything is working fine.
Thanks a lot for assisting me immediately (pressed the button too :P)
The thing is i don't have a comp. So i was trying out different stock (cwm flashable) . I will just download one from doky's thread after the website issue has been sorted out
flashing a stock cwm zip doesnt actually give you stock rom as such - think of it more like a custom rom with no changes made to any files
To make it work properly you really in the case of flashing a deodex stock rom via cwm you need to be on the same baseband as the stock rom

To actually flash stock rom and to change basebands you needs to flash the stock rom firmware via odin

tony_stark_noob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
flashing a stock cwm zip doesnt actually give you stock rom as such - think of it more like a custom rom with no changes made to any files
To make it work properly you really in the case of flashing a deodex stock rom via cwm you need to be on the same baseband as the stock rom

To actually flash stock rom and to change basebands you needs to flash the stock rom firmware via odin
Sir i have indian version. I didn't change basebands but ya i didn't know about the odin thing which u mentioned. Thank u