5,606,650 Members 36,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stay with the g2 or jump on the n5

Tip us?

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 367
I like the g2 better. For 50-100 bucks more off swappa, you get a better device with battery and i like the implementation of knock on than on the n5. I see more drain on the n5 than the g2 due to implementation.

Stay with the g2!

Hammer_Of_The_Gods
Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 6th December 2013 at 10:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4505
Hi,

Maybe this thread can help you, I hope: Nexus 5 vs LG G2 comparison -- I have both!.

Since I'm "active" in both sections and I use both for many different things, you'll find a verry short opinion from me, but I can detail if you want...

But don't count on me for the sound, I'm not a "mélomane"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
The OP is the best place to keep a secret because nobody reads it.

KentuckyHouse
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
Hi,

Maybe this thread can help you, I hope: Nexus 5 vs LG G2 comparison -- I have both!.

Since I'm "active" in both sections and I use both for many different things, you'll find a verry short opinion from me, but I can detail if you want...

But don't count on me for the sound, I'm not a "mélomane"...

Hey Viking, can you post the link to the camera mod you mentioned in the short review linked to? I'd love to flash it as it seems to address all the shortcomings of the stock camera.

Sent from my LG G2

Elnrik
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyHouse View Post
Sure, no problem.

I'll say up front it's hard to explain. I was one of those people that wasn't wowed by the Moto X when it was introduced, because of the seemingly "sub par" specs. How in the world could this phone compete with the other flagships that I'd had over the past couple of years (S2, S3, S4, Note 2, LGOG, G2, Nexus 5, iPhone 5S)? All I can say is, it does. At least for me.

It wasn't until I actually went to my closest AT&T store and put one in my hand that I fell head over heels for it. The in-the-hand feeling is like nothing I've experienced with any Android phone I've owned. It's solid, got a great weight to it, and feels very premium. But it also FLIES. No hint of stutter or lag at all.

Of course, it helps if you're a person that really likes a stock Android experience. If you like all the bells and whistles of TouchWiz or LG's skin or Sense, then stock Android might seem bland to you. But I love stock, and the Moto X is stock on steroids because of the few unique things Motorola threw in that you don't think you'll use until you actually own the phone. Active Display (notifications), Assist, Motorola Connect, and Touchless Controls make it an experience unlike any other phone. I was never one to talk to my phone, but Touchless Controls is something I use 10-20 times a day and it just keeps getting better since it's now hosted in the Play Store and doesn't need a full firmware upgrade to upgrade itself.

And Active Display (notifications) have RUINED every other phone for me. To be able to glance at your phone, not touch it, and know if you've got a notification is awesome. Sure, you can do the same thing with the LED light on the G2 or any of the Samsung phones, but it's not the same. Again, it's just something you have to experience in order to get it.

A couple of other things...the camera wasn't great at first, but that camera update fixed it unbelievably. It's SO much better now. It's not G2 or 5S great yet, but it's not far behind. Another thing I love in a great phone is the speaker. Not for music, but for when I'm in the car and don't have my headset, so I can talk hands free. The speaker on the Moto X is WAY better than the speaker on the G2 (which is soft and distorts badly when you turn it all the way up). The X speaker can get loud, but doesn't distort...ever.

I highly recommend the Moto X to everyone that asks. It's simply the best Android phone I've ever used and has me excited to see where Motorola goes from here. They're off to a great start under Google tutelage.
I have the Moto X as well, and can say I agree 100% with you. The two reasons I use the G2 as my primary device: better screen and better battery life. It is ridiculous how much I use a mobile device in a day. Two galaxy s4 batteries a day kind of use. Moto X can't stand up to that. I guess I could have gone with the Droid Maxx, but I didn't.

Anyway, both are outstanding phones.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Elnrik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hammer_Of_The_Gods
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyHouse View Post
Hey Viking, can you post the link to the camera mod you mentioned in the short review linked to? I'd love to flash it as it seems to address all the shortcomings of the stock camera.
Hi,

It's the case, take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548974, I tested and I confirm

Read closely the OP, flash the modified stuff and you'll be impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
The OP is the best place to keep a secret because nobody reads it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hammer_Of_The_Gods For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KentuckyHouse
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37 View Post
Hi,

It's the case, take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548974, I tested and I confirm

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG G2

MalignantQuechnitlan
Old
Thanks Meter 183
I had a N5...now have a G2...stay with the G2.