[Q] Bricked and unrecognized phone. Need help
Ok, let's summarize my issue in point form:
- I have a Galaxy S2 skyrocket (with Rogers). It hadn't been rooted or anything.
- Yesterday I tried finally upgrading my OS (default android) with Kies (plugged connection)
- The phone started downloading, but when it came to installing, it became stuck at 0% and wouldn't move past that (for like 30 minutes). Eventually, I was forced to unplug it because I had to move.
- Now, the phone is stuck on ODIN mode. It's telling me how firmware upgrade encountered an issue and I need to select recovery mode in Kies and try again.
- Ok, here's the main problem: I can't get my PC to recognize my phone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, kies, switching USB ports, shutting the phone and PC on and off, etc. etc. I'm also working with the stock USB cable (I tried using another one, but that one didn't work either)
- ODIN doesn't recognize my phone either (and it's already in ODIN/Download mode anyway) even after I uninstall kies. I can press the volume down button and get into the page that's telling
me about download mode, but when I press volume up to go into it, I still can't get it recognized.
So, am I totally boned here? Any advice would be appreciated