5,604,219 Members 49,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best 4.4 ROM?

Tip us?

deuce237bblock
Old
(Last edited by deuce237bblock; 6th December 2013 at 03:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default [Q] Best 4.4 ROM?

I am currently on SlimROM 2.2 and I've been on Slim since beta 2. I absolutely love SlimROM but I really want to try 4.4. Should I wait till next week when SlimKAT beta releases or should I try out one of the already available 4.4 ROMs? Which 4.4 ROM do you like best and why?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

moparfreak426
Old
Thanks Meter 1165
KitKang, @mastamoon's builds, @sspencer10's builds. All are great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Devices: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
ASUS Transformer Infinity
Retired Devices:
Sprint LG G2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (I MISS THIS DEVICE!!!)
U.S. Cellular Motorola Electrify
U.S. Cellular HTC Touch Pro 2

Carrier: Page Plus
ROM: S4 = Switching between everything, trying to make aosp roms work with data
Transformer = switching between CM11 and AOKP

kude87
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Hopefully this thread doesn't get shut down. I like the objective discussions on roms. Helps make decisions.

Anyways, I've tried all but the new gummy rom, and I've had the best luck with mastamoon's. Hit 5 hours of screen on time (probably 15 total on the charge). All the 4.4 roms are pretty smooth, to be honest. They do have the typical aosp issues of wonky camera's/galleries and signal issues in low signal areas. Also a bit different navigating to the SD card. I'm back on tw right now for stability, but will probably get my flashing fix again in a week or so.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jmxc23
Old
(Last edited by jmxc23; 6th December 2013 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by kude87 View Post
Hopefully this thread doesn't get shut down. I like the objective discussions on roms. Helps make decisions.

Anyways, I've tried all but the new gummy rom, and I've had the best luck with mastamoon's. Hit 5 hours of screen on time (probably 15 total on the charge). All the 4.4 roms are pretty smooth, to be honest. They do have the typical aosp issues of wonky camera's/galleries and signal issues in low signal areas. Also a bit different navigating to the SD card. I'm back on tw right now for stability, but will probably get my flashing fix again in a week or so.

Threads like these are always shut down as this is a development site meant for those who are making the ROMs ,apps and mods. The community helps with getting these things to work and with solving problems you may have with the ROMs, apps and mods. I am sure one of the moderators will mention something similar before closing it down. I personally wouldn't mind helping but I have read these types of threads and they usually lead to unnecessary debates.

TokedUp
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 704

DONATE TO ME
Yeah this is gonna turn into an argument about roms. I would say try Slim Kat beta since ur on Slim already. Otherwise I would go with Invisiblek's builds or my current Paranoid Android 4.0
Samsung Galaxy S III VZW, Rooted, UNLOCKED, Blue, 16gb Int, 64gbExt
[ROM] [OFFICIAL ROM] [AOSPA] [D2LTE] ParanoidAndroid by Ayysir
[Kernel] Lean Kernel by Imoseyon http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32286-ker...listic-kernel/
www.TOOLBAND.com
Lets Go Yankees!
Duck Hunt apk from NES (Hit the Thanks button): http://d-h.st/Uag

kude87
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Definitely agree with you both. These usually turn into fan boy brawls, although I wish they didn't. It's nice to simply hear someone else's experience with a rom. However, even that has to be taken with a grain of salt because of user error, different phone, bad downloads, etc. So many variables. I just don't like it when someone says "just try it" when simple friendly Q & A in a forum may help someone make a decision that ultimately benefits them. I read a crap ton of each thread before I go asking noob questions, but sometimes it's nice to defer to someone who's been running that rom for a while to answer, especially if you haven't been. Many times the op instructions are outdated and people say "what you want is 10 pages back, read it why don't you." I have no problem with someone asking nicely looking to gain knowledge about any of this stuff on the site. To expect someone to read everything is a bit ridiculous. That's why these discussions, if handled correctly, are nice. Just my two cents.

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13122
All the above, and the fact that XDA is not really a support site. Users need to try them all to make this determination on their own.

And, yes...thread is closed.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe