XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Have some questions on rooting

Tip us?

AegonTheDragon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Have some questions on rooting

Hello, I came from the verizon GS3 and was pretty much a crack flasher and had it rooted and everything. I also ended up soft bricking my phone a couple of times. I kinda want to avoid that so I'm a bit in doubt on rooting. I've seen that the rooting seems fairly easy but I hear people not being install the recovery and the flashing seems kinda risky as well. I just want to install some of the xposed mods and have it rooted, can anyone give me some guides on the easiest ways of rooting and installing a custom recovery? Also is there any chance of a toolkit or an easy do it all software coming out any time soon?

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegonTheDragon View Post
Hello, I came from the verizon GS3 and was pretty much a crack flasher and had it rooted and everything. I also ended up soft bricking my phone a couple of times. I kinda want to avoid that so I'm a bit in doubt on rooting. I've seen that the rooting seems fairly easy but I hear people not being install the recovery and the flashing seems kinda risky as well. I just want to install some of the xposed mods and have it rooted, can anyone give me some guides on the easiest ways of rooting and installing a custom recovery? Also is there any chance of a toolkit or an easy do it all software coming out any time soon?
Look through the Development section below and or the Development section for your carrier.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development