5,597,762 Members 36,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] System Software Not Authorizedand Odin problem HELP.

Tip us?

Zure
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] System Software Not Authorizedand Odin problem HELP.

Okay, so yesterday I flashed a Gummy 4.4 rom nightly and went to boot into Recovery to flash a different ROM and this pop occurred "System software authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on you phone." I know I have to use Odin to return to stock but my phone isn't showing up in Odin. The yellow bar doesn't show up and I've installed the Samsung USB drivers for my phone but I can't for the life of me make my phone show up in Odin. Please help. I'm also on windows Vista if that's causing the problem.

cbmggm
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zure View Post
Okay, so yesterday I flashed a Gummy 4.4 rom nightly and went to boot into Recovery to flash a different ROM and this pop occurred "System software authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on you phone." I know I have to use Odin to return to stock but my phone isn't showing up in Odin. The yellow bar doesn't show up and I've installed the Samsung USB drivers for my phone but I can't for the life of me make my phone show up in Odin. Please help. I'm also on windows Vista if that's causing the problem.
What tar file are you trying to flash? If it ends in "gz" then you have to use Odin 3.07 or better ( gz files have to be uinzipped first). If the file ends in "md5" then an earlier version will work. You are putting your phone in Download Mode" correct? Hold the volume down button and power button at the same time. Don't release until you see the yellow triangle. Volume up then you should be ready to flash.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 879
It's because you have to flash a 4.4 kernel with the ROM before you boot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY