XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Note 3 Hotspot and Wifi Rooted Phone Mod or Solution

Tip us?

bg21100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] T-Mobile Note 3 Hotspot and Wifi Rooted Phone Mod or Solution

I have a rooted SM-N900T Note 3 on T-Mobile (using KingoApp and despite worries online regarding privacy issues installed and works fine and not worried). With my Note 2 I rooted and downloaded WifFi Tether app and got my hotspot working fine. Well...not so easy with Note 3. Can anyone tell me how we can get the hotspot free working on the T-Mobile version of the Note 3? Maybe a Mod or something ,anything, would be appreciated. And I used about 60 gigs before and never was flagged by T-Mobile or "throttled", but can anyone tell me if I should be concerned and something I can do to mask that usage? I am way more concerned with just getting it working as my plan limits me to 2.5 gigs without making a complete change on my plan and everyone on it.

This is my first post and I love XDA!

baronsamedi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Im interested also!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quickvic30
Old
(Last edited by Quickvic30; 27th November 2013 at 06:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg21100 View Post
I have a rooted SM-N900T Note 3 on T-Mobile (using KingoApp and despite worries online regarding privacy issues installed and works fine and not worried). With my Note 2 I rooted and downloaded WifFi Tether app and got my hotspot working fine. Well...not so easy with Note 3. Can anyone tell me how we can get the hotspot free working on the T-Mobile version of the Note 3? Maybe a Mod or something ,anything, would be appreciated. And I used about 60 gigs before and never was flagged by T-Mobile or "throttled", but can anyone tell me if I should be concerned and something I can do to mask that usage? I am way more concerned with just getting it working as my plan limits me to 2.5 gigs without making a complete change on my plan and everyone on it.

This is my first post and I love XDA!
Try this mod, it was formally known as the TREV_E wifi teathering mod. I had it working (but then changed roms and just haven't set it up again) and it seems like is doesn't run up your data as fast as the T MO hot spot. I had to change some settings on the app but I can re-install it and walk ya guys through it if it doesn't work out of the box for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (366.6 KB, 281 views)
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T
SPH-L720 on AT&T+Wicked V10
Galaxy Gear = Rooted+Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickvic30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

baronsamedi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Doesn't work out the box if you can inform us of your settings that would be great

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bg21100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
Try this mod, it was formally known as the TREV_E wifi teathering mod. I had it working (but then changed roms and just haven't set it up again) and it seems like is doesn't run up your data as fast as the T MO hot spot. I had to change some settings on the app but I can re-install it and walk ya guys through it if it doesn't work out of the box for you.
Yes the settings would be great. Also, can anyone tell me if I should be concerned and something I can do to mask that usage, like a VPN? Why would you need a VPN? Thanks for any help. Would be awesome to find a solution for free hotspot on the T-Mobile note 3.

Quickvic30
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Yes the settings would be great. Also, can anyone tell me if I should be concerned and something I can do to mask that usage, like a VPN? Why would you need a VPN? Thanks for any help. Would be awesome to find a solution for free hotspot on the T-Mobile note 3.
Ok here are the settings that are working for me

Change device profile to s4

Check send netd max client cmd box

Check No Tethering interface cmd box

Check wifi driver reload box

Check keep alive connection check

And that's it, you should see a wireless connection called Android Tether 2 in wireless connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131129_205410[1].jpg
Views:	250
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	2423146  
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T

bg21100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
Ok here are the settings that are working for me

Change device profile to s4

Check send netd max client cmd box

Check No Tethering interface cmd box

Check wifi driver reload box

Check keep alive connection check

And that's it, you should see a wireless connection called Android Tether 2 in wireless connections.
I dowloaded and opened with win zip on my phone. I don't even have the following options:
*Check send netd max client cmd box

*Check No Tethering interface cmd box

*Check wifi driver reload box

I did check keep alive connection check though.

Quickvic30
Old
(Last edited by Quickvic30; 30th November 2013 at 11:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
I dowloaded and opened with win zip on my phone. I don't even have the following options:
*Check send netd max client cmd box

*Check No Tethering interface cmd box

*Check wifi driver reload box

I did check keep alive connection check though.
So did it worked for you just checking the keep alive option? If not download it on your computer then move the apk to your phone external sd card via phone hooked up to your computer.
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T

irsmurfette
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still not working

I've tried the trev_e mod with the settings listed and it doesn't show up as an available network. Any new techniques or updates? I'm desperate. I need more that 2.5GB.

conganhthuc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hey it work try this setting
change device profile to galaxy s3
change set up method to netd-ndc(master)
send netd max client cmd checked
send no tether-interface.. checked
wifi-driver reload 2 checked
keep alive... checked
routing fix checked
done work for me hope it work for you too