5,593,793 Members 46,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to batch recolor PNG Images??

Tip us?

Droid Premium
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618
Default [Q] How to batch recolor PNG Images??

I am in the process of building a new ROM for the Galaxy Note 3. I have great experience with apk's and theming but i decided to take this a step further. I usually take icons from stock AOSP and port into a TouchWiz based ROM and use that as my theme but i want to change this next ROM up. They will be stock icons but with a green color. The name of my ROM is going to be "The Beast" and the green color will greatly add to the experience! Here is my problem though. I have Photoshop CS6 and I tried to change the white parts of the png files to green but it wouldn't happen. It would just turn greyish or just black. So then i was redirected towards Paint.net and i tried it out and it works amazingly except that it doesn't have a batch option or a way to recolor all of my images automatically. I don't have the time or patience to color 500 pngs + lol. Please lead me to what i need to do to get these icons recolored. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ROMs:
GE-Wiz (FEEL THE BOOM)
Super Jelly (4.2.2)
LegendaryROM[Discontinued]
LegendarySLIM [Discontinued]

-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10481

DONATE TO ME
Them your out of luck. Real theming takes hours and some times days to do all the icons properly. Also you can't edit any. 9 this way

Wayne Tech Nexus

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly