5,596,128 Members 33,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noob firmware question

Tip us?

whodatfan
Old
(Last edited by whodatfan; 7th December 2013 at 01:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Prompt [Q] Noob firmware question

Little confused on the firmware version I have. When I open a command prompt in adb fastboot with the "fastboot getvar all" command, it shows "version-main- 1.26.502.12" which is an old firmware. When I check the settings "about" page on the phone it shows build number 3.62.401.1. Isn't the build number listed on the phone the current firmware? Here's the fastboot command prompt:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4100mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

phone is superCID, s-off, unlocked, running viper 3.5 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to whodatfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Harish_Kumar
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfan View Post
Little confused on the firmware version I have. When I open a command prompt in adb fastboot with the "fastboot getvar all" command, it shows "version-main- 1.26.502.12" which is an old firmware. When I check the settings "about" page on the phone it shows build number 3.62.401.1. Isn't the build number listed on the phone the current firmware? Here's the fastboot command prompt:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4100mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

phone is superCID, s-off, unlocked, running viper 3.5 rom.
Its not compulsory to have the same buildnumber and firmware version
from the details above...i guess u might have flashed an older firmware (1.44 hboot)
you can flash the recent firmware of 3.62 build..mostly it would be of 1.55hboot in RUU mode as you are S-off
The Following User Says Thank You to Harish_Kumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whodatfan
Old
(Last edited by whodatfan; 7th December 2013 at 03:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar View Post
Its not compulsory to have the same buildnumber and firmware version
from the details above...i guess u might have flashed an older firmware (1.44 hboot)
you can flash the recent firmware of 3.62 build..mostly it would be of 1.55hboot in RUU mode as you are S-off

It's an original launch day phone, so that is the original firmware as I didn't perform a firmware flash. I just unlocked, rooted/rom, and got s-off, superCID. So do I need to relock the bootloader to do this firmware flash? I'm gonna use the nowipe 3.62 firmware. If I do need a relock, do I need to unlock the bootloader again after or can I still flash roms with s-off locked? Sorry for so many questions, I'm coming from years of iOS jailbreaking and just starting to get into the android developer language. Any help is always appreciated.

Harish_Kumar
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfan View Post
It's an original launch day phone, so that is the original firmware as I didn't perform a firmware flash. I just unlocked, rooted/rom, and got s-off, superCID. So do I need to relock the bootloader to do this firmware flash? I'm gonna use the nowipe 3.62 firmware. If I do need a relock, do I need to unlock the bootloader again after or can I still flash roms with s-off locked? Sorry for so many questions, I'm coming from years of iOS jailbreaking and just starting to get into the android developer language. Any help is always appreciated.
You dont have to relock and unlock bootloader because you are s-off...you can flash firmware directly in RUU mode or run an RUU.zip or RUU.exe to update your firmware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harish_Kumar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whodatfan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish_Kumar View Post
You dont have to relock and unlock bootloader because you are s-off...you can flash firmware directly in RUU mode or run an RUU.zip or RUU.exe to update your firmware
Thanks bro. That's what I was wanting to know. Appreciate the info.