[Q] Help with Safestrap/Cyanogenmod on Razr m

Tip us?

flyingsilverfin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
The odexed is DST which means a debloated to the same specs at the Telstra build. The SD swap works on both.
What is the telstra build? Is that the name of the stock motorola ROM that came with the device? Also I'm guessing SD swap is just a way have the phone treat the SD as internal memory?

Also, any idea if it would be possible or how difficult it would be to modify the ROM you linked me to to turn it into a Cyanogenmod port?

Thanks for all the help

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsilverfin View Post
What is the telstra build? Is that the name of the stock motorola ROM that came with the device? Also I'm guessing SD swap is just a way have the phone treat the SD as internal memory?

Also, any idea if it would be possible or how difficult it would be to modify the ROM you linked me to to turn it into a Cyanogenmod port?

Thanks for all the help
Telstra is the Australian firmware, I believe. If you want to port CM, you need to pull from their source. The DST ROM is a stock Moto ROM that's built by the Moto software team. You can't really take that and change it into a CM port, but you can make your own build environment and start building CM.

aviwdoowks
Old
(Last edited by aviwdoowks; 6th December 2013 at 04:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsilverfin View Post

Thanks for all the help
Telstra is a carrier for the xt905. There are builds posted in our dev section. Any telstra rom is encrypted & if flashed w/ Rsd or Fastboot will brick an xt907.

Very difficult. Edit impossible.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!

The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyingsilverfin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Telstra is the Australian firmware, I believe. If you want to port CM, you need to pull from their source. The DST ROM is a stock Moto ROM that's built by the Moto software team. You can't really take that and change it into a CM port, but you can make your own build environment and start building CM.
Alright thanks for the info. I was just doing some reading on the Linux Kernel. Since I am stuck with the stock motorola kernel, but this implements all the things I need to make the upper level, platform independent sys calls and other api's, there shouldn't be a need to build a special kernel for a cyanogenmod port, correct? If i port the higher level things everything that is implemented in cyanogenmod should work... am I getting this right? I'm trying to figure out what the OS kernel requirements are.