XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Opinions on tablet please....

Tip us?

jrodbrown58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Opinions on tablet please....

Hi, I'm pretty new with windows 8 and especially new with the windows tablets. But I was thinking about going back to school and getting a tablet/laptop and thought about the Acer Ultrabook Aspire tablet with keyboard. But I didn't know how well the product performed and I'm a little bit concerned about windows 8 since I hate it on laptops and PCs but thought that a touchscreen would make it a bit less cumbersome. I'm more use to windows 7 and android OS.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Devices-
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Beanstalk Rom w/ KitKat Experience
LG Thrill 4G - CM7 Rom
Samsung Galaxy S3 - stock

itsnotmeatall
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodbrown58 View Post
Hi, I'm pretty new with windows 8 and especially new with the windows tablets. But I was thinking about going back to school and getting a tablet/laptop and thought about the Acer Ultrabook Aspire tablet with keyboard. But I didn't know how well the product performed and I'm a little bit concerned about windows 8 since I hate it on laptops and PCs but thought that a touchscreen would make it a bit less cumbersome. I'm more use to windows 7 and android OS.

Thanks!

I personally think you would be better off with a tablet with detachable keyboard - easier to work with it on your lap, you can set the screen to any angle you want, and you get an additional battery.

There is already a Bay Trail tablet with Windows 8.1 preinstalled out (the Asus T100), and there will be many more coming out shortly. But detachable keyboard is the way to go IMHO.

Check out the Dell Venue 11 Pro with the keyboard dock.

jrodbrown58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks! I like the looks and price of the T100 compared to what I originally asked about. Wish there was more USB ports but there are ways around that

Devices-
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Beanstalk Rom w/ KitKat Experience
LG Thrill 4G - CM7 Rom
Samsung Galaxy S3 - stock