How to change deep sleep state in STOCK 4.1.2
Hello guys & Gals
In this tutorial we will be learning how to change deep sleep state in STOCK ROMS/STOCK based ROMS in Samsung galaxy S Advance.
First of all What is deepest sleep State?
"CPU on the Mobiles have variable speeds, like CPUs on laptops. We can work at 200, 500, 800, 1000, 1200 and 1400 MHz, depending on what application we're running.
When there's nothing to do, the CPU should go into "deep sleep" state, which means basically stopped, so it consumes very little power."
By default, Deep sleep state will be 3 in STOCK JB and can be increased till maximum 5.
Now lets start with it.
- Samsung galaxy S advance running any STOCK based ROM
- Root explorer
- Terminal emulator
- Kernel having init.d support (CoCore-E/EP 6.0 or above)
How do I know That my Deep sleep state has been changed to 4?
- First Download the deepsleep.zip
- Extract the zip and you will be getting a file
- Copy the file to your phone in Internal storage/Memory card.
- Open root explorer and give it root permissions.
- Now navigate to System/etc and make a folder named"init.d" if it is not there.
- Long press the folder and some options will pop out.
- Click on permissions and tick the first 9 brackets(i.e change the permission to 0777)
- Now Change Ownership to root root 0:0
- Next move the file "deepsleep" from the Storage to the init.d folder.
- Change the permissions and the ownership same as you did for the init.d folder.
- Reboot your phone.
Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands & you should be getting your answer.
You can change deep sleep state to 5 by editing the deepsleep file in init.d and replacing 4 by 5. (similar to make it 3)
NOTE: Don't Use Deep Sleep State 5 on pegasusq(sio governors), It may cause system instability. Instead use indemand+cfq in deep sleep state 5. (but still you may encounter random reboots)
Enjoy better battery backup in standby mode.
If you are using CM10.1/10.2 there is a option to change deep sleep state in settings>advance>deep sleep. You will not be needing any script in CM.
init.d script by anantttt
This is my first post on XDA, So do thank me if you like it & sorry for any typos.