5,593,401 Members 36,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent help - Is possible to do this?

Tip us?

norkitt
Old
(Last edited by norkitt; 6th December 2013 at 10:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Urgent help - Is possible to do this?

Since my AT&T ICS 4.04(final update) Atrix 2 won't pass beyond the M logo (have been flashed like ten times), I need someones help.

I can't downgrade to GB because would brick the phone forever or upgrade to a newer version. Or flash a custom ROM because the phone is not rooted and doesn't have any custom recovery tool installed.

So, I was thinking, maybe if I could flash an already rooted system and a custom recovery using RSDLite, could boot into the custom recovery, install a custom ROM and see if I can fix my phone.

Or maybe flash(RSDLite) a backup(or only the files need for this purpose) made by any user of the forum.

Is that possible? Please help.

XploitMachine
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by norkitt View Post
Since my AT&T ICS 4.04(final update) Atrix 2 won't pass beyond the M logo (have been flashed like ten times), I need someones help.

I can't downgrade to GB because would brick the phone forever or upgrade to a newer version. Or flash a custom ROM because the phone is not rooted and doesn't have any custom recovery tool installed.

So, I was thinking, maybe if I could flash an already rooted system and a custom recovery using RSDLite, could boot into the custom recovery, install a custom ROM and see if I can fix my phone.

Or maybe flash(RSDLite) a backup(or only the files need for this purpose) made by any user of the forum.

Is that possible? Please help.
It would be better to ask all the questions in one thread itself, rather than making new ones each time for a newer question.

RSDLite can't flash files which aren't signed by Motorola, hence no pre-rooted or custom recovery installed ROM can be flashed this way, since they won't have Motorola signatures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XploitMachine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]