[Q] MC2 to MK4 Question
Normally, if I do a search with creative enough verbage, I can find the answer here however right now that's not the case.
I have a 2 part question, but first, my device info:
- Currently I am stock rooted with TWRP recovery
- Model: SPH-L900
- Android Version: 4.1.2 on MC2 (both baseband and build)
- I was rooted when I first got the device, and had to unroot, update and reroot (using toolkit I believe)
#1. I have been seeing mixed information out there about this update (MK4) and was wondering if someone can just advise if KNOX is actually a part of the update (either OTA or LORJAY589's)? I would actually like to be able to have KNOX as it would be handy to use my device more for work.
#2. I am a fan of having my device rooted, personally I just like the ability to actually back it up fully, but there are other things that are nice too. The actual question is, if one of the updates does have KNOX in it, and its useable, is it still possible to have the device rooted?
If these could be answered, relatively simply, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit of a n00b, but I have absolutely no issues with flashing my device using any of the standard methods, but a brief walkthrough would be appreciated (if only for the methods used).
So here are the steps that I want to take, if someone can advise me if I'm being stupid based on my questions that would be great:
MK4 4.3 SPH-L900 Odex Full Rom Rooted (thanks again LORJAY589),
Follow the following steps (Thanks cullenmq1):
1. Download full rom rooted (either deodex or odex)
2. Download wifi fix .rar
3. Go to recovery (doesnt matter both twrp and cwm work)
4. Make a rom backup just in case
5. Full wipe (not necessary but recommended, we dont need people bricking notes)
6. Flash full rom
7. Flash wifi fix through odin (must unpack rar first and mobile odin does not work with this)
8. MAKE SURE TO THANK LORJAY589 FOR HIS AWESOME WORK!
Then basically recover all my goodies with titanium backup / re-downloading... and from there I should have NO issues with WiFi or anything else as far as anyone here is concerned (if samsung screwed something up, I'm not about to blame a XDA Dev).