5,596,637 Members 42,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] will restore work?

Tip us?
 
Sandro8771
Old
(Last edited by Sandro8771; 5th December 2013 at 08:04 AM.) Reason: added few more lines
#1  
Sandro8771's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Penang
Default [Q] will restore work?

SGN2 N7100

Stock firmware N7100DXDLK5

Guys,

Will restoring first full backup work to get back efs.
I was on N7100DXDMF2 when I made my first backup.

Eventually was advised by DR.Ketan to make a efs backup which I did but lost all saved files on pc.
However I had kept the full backup on my usb pendrive minus the efs backup.

After a long time on 4.1.2 I wanted to try out 4.4 kitkat at which time the imei/sn/service state and the mobile
network state were all intact.

Then tried out SupremeBean 4.3 and I think it was still okay since I had made some calls using said rom.

Then I opted to go back to 4.1.2 and all hell broke loose.
Lost mobile net.state/service state.Imei number 0049.....and the sn is different.

Do I need to flash back the original firmware i.e. N7100DXDMF2,Root,download a custom recovery like TWRP and use the old backup file.

Funny thing is, I could not find that firmware anywhere.And the stock recovery is being stubborn of not allowing other recovery to overwrite.

Maybe this has been answered a 100 times over but I think situations differ.Why, cos I still have a corrupted imei number and a serial number which is not far off from the original.

Any aid be much appreciated.
 
sora9009
Old
(Last edited by sora9009; 5th December 2013 at 09:00 AM.)
#2  
sora9009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 255
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro8771 View Post
SGN2 N7100

Stock firmware N7100DXDLK5

Guys,

Will restoring first full backup work to get back efs.
I was on N7100DXDMF2 when I made my first backup.

Eventually was advised by DR.Ketan to make a efs backup which I did but lost all saved files on pc.
However I had kept the full backup on my usb pendrive minus the efs backup.

After a long time on 4.1.2 I wanted to try out 4.4 kitkat at which time the imei/sn/service state and the mobile
network state were all intact.

Then tried out SupremeBean 4.3 and I think it was still okay since I had made some calls using said rom.

Then I opted to go back to 4.1.2 and all hell broke loose.
Lost mobile net.state/service state.Imei number 0049.....and the sn is different.

Do I need to flash back the original firmware i.e. N7100DXDMF2,Root,download a custom recovery like TWRP and use the old backup file.

Funny thing is, I could not find that firmware anywhere.And the stock recovery is being stubborn of not allowing other recovery to overwrite.

Maybe this has been answered a 100 times over but I think situations differ.Why, cos I still have a corrupted imei number and a serial number which is not far off from the original.

Any aid be much appreciated.
N7100DXDLK5 - this have old modem and use old efs partition..latest kernel modified the efs partition
FLash MF2..it may help
N7100XXDMF2_N7100OLBDMD2_XME.zip
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)


Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?
 
Sandro8771
Old
#3  
Sandro8771's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Penang
Managed to find the bloody efs backup in a private folder kept in external sdcard.
Thank God!!

The contents of this folder-MyEFS are as follows:

bluetooth folder - bt_addr 1 item 0kb

drm folder - play ready folder - 5 items

i) 0002.PRV 0 kb
ii) DXDeviceKey 0 kb
iii) DXSecureDB 7.1 kb
iv) DXSecureDB-secondary 8.3 kb
v) NVS 0.1 kb

factory app folder - 12 items

i) baro_delta 0 kb
ii) batt_cable_count 0 kb
iii) earjack_count 0 kb
iv) epen_count 0 kb
v) factorymode 0 kb
vi) fdata 0 kb
vii) hist_nv 0 kb
viii) hw_ver 0 kb
ix) keystr 0 kb
x) prepay 0 kb
xi) serial_no 0 kb
xii) test_nv 0.3 kb

imei folder - 1 item
i) mps_code.data 0 kb

wifi folder - 1 item (empty)

- 00000000.authtocont 0.1 kb

- efs.img - 20 mb

- gyro_cal_data 0 kb

- h2k.dat 1.1 kb

- nv_data.bin 2 mb

- nv_data.bin.md 5 0 kb

- nv.log 2.3 kb

- wv.keys 0.2 kb

- efs.tar 2 mb


With all this, minus the efs.tar used TWRP recovery via dr.ketan's v.2 aroma tool and still no change.

GT-N7100
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: N7100 DXDLK5
Kernel version: 3.0.31 - 679347
se.infra @ SEP -87#1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb21
13:37:37 KST 2013
Build Number: JZ054K.N7100 XXDMF2


Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Catchy quote:
By SAMANTA- Google Patent Trolled by Rockstar

If you cant beat them on your own and with your own devices,take them to court and cross your fingers!
 
sora9009
Old
#4  
sora9009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 255
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro8771 View Post
Managed to find the bloody efs backup in a private folder kept in external sdcard.
Thank God!!

The contents of this folder-MyEFS are as follows:

bluetooth folder - bt_addr 1 item 0kb

drm folder - play ready folder - 5 items

i) 0002.PRV 0 kb
ii) DXDeviceKey 0 kb
iii) DXSecureDB 7.1 kb
iv) DXSecureDB-secondary 8.3 kb
v) NVS 0.1 kb

factory app folder - 12 items

i) baro_delta 0 kb
ii) batt_cable_count 0 kb
iii) earjack_count 0 kb
iv) epen_count 0 kb
v) factorymode 0 kb
vi) fdata 0 kb
vii) hist_nv 0 kb
viii) hw_ver 0 kb
ix) keystr 0 kb
x) prepay 0 kb
xi) serial_no 0 kb
xii) test_nv 0.3 kb

imei folder - 1 item
i) mps_code.data 0 kb

wifi folder - 1 item (empty)

- 00000000.authtocont 0.1 kb

- efs.img - 20 mb

- gyro_cal_data 0 kb

- h2k.dat 1.1 kb

- nv_data.bin 2 mb

- nv_data.bin.md 5 0 kb

- nv.log 2.3 kb

- wv.keys 0.2 kb

- efs.tar 2 mb


With all this, minus the efs.tar used TWRP recovery via dr.ketan's v.2 aroma tool and still no change.

GT-N7100
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: N7100 DXDLK5
Kernel version: 3.0.31 - 679347
se.infra @ SEP -87#1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb21
13:37:37 KST 2013
Build Number: JZ054K.N7100 XXDMF2


Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
use MF2 modem
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)


Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?
 
Sandro8771
Old
#5  
Sandro8771's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Penang
Used modem mf1 that worked.

Now at least ive got a phone that can make calls.

Imei is back to original service state shows in service.

Mobile network state remains as not connected but im able to dial out.
Odd.

And serial number is unchanged.Still showing wrong number.

You are from Malaysia.Which part.Im from Penang.Thank you again.

Ive added you as a friend.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Catchy quote:
By SAMANTA- Google Patent Trolled by Rockstar

If you cant beat them on your own and with your own devices,take them to court and cross your fingers!
 
sora9009
Old
#6  
sora9009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 255
Join Date: Jun 2013
you are wlcome mate. im from N.Sembilan.

some said ariza patch will help to recover the serial number..but im not recommed it.you can read quote below

Quote:
Ariza patch does not fix IMEI issues. It fixes "00000" Serial number issues, which has similar symptoms. This patch does not work on EFS v2 ROMs. If you use it, you may irreparably break your phone.

Also it would seem, Phones that had this patch ON EFS v1 ROMS will break their IMEI if they upgrade to EFS v2 ROMS.

As yet, there is nothing proved to resolve this issue fully. Search the Ariza thread for posts by zuluman for potential fixes. This Page is hopefully the most useful or one of the patched modems posted

It would probably be best to get the serial number professionally restored either under warranty or by sla mobile repair shop. The Ariza patch was always only fixing something that should have been fixed under warranty anyway.... now we are seeing this issue - cut your losses
source
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)


Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?
 
Sandro8771
Old
#7  
Sandro8771's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Penang
Good afternoon.

My mistake.The serial number had been correct even whilst corrupted. I missed out one alphabet when copying it down.lol.

That had me going around in circles for a couple of days.

So I guess the only problem to solve is that of the mobile network state being disconnected and also could you compare the list above with regards to the backup.

Does your backup have the same folders and values?

And when doing the restore do we put the whole bunch of stuffs or just the efs.img is sufficient.



Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Catchy quote:
By SAMANTA- Google Patent Trolled by Rockstar

If you cant beat them on your own and with your own devices,take them to court and cross your fingers!
 
sora9009
Old
#8  
sora9009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 255
Join Date: Jun 2013
good for you,now its not a problem anymore.
my backup only has efs.img, 20mb in size
i use this tool.
so i don't know about your backup..since there so many backup method out there.
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)


Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?
 
Sandro8771
Old
#9  
Sandro8771's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Penang
Yes this is what I wanted to try now.

But then in the guide it says you need the
.bat file together with the efs.img

As you can see I do not have that .bat file of 1kb.

So how can I do it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Catchy quote:
By SAMANTA- Google Patent Trolled by Rockstar

If you cant beat them on your own and with your own devices,take them to court and cross your fingers!
 
sora9009
Old
#10  
sora9009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 255
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro8771 View Post
Yes this is what I wanted to try now.

But then in the guide it says you need the
.bat file together with the efs.img

As you can see I do not have that .bat file of 1kb.

So how can I do it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
download this N7100_EFS_Backup_Restore_WIN.rar

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

you said in that thread you make efs backup with twrp..so better restore it with twrp mate
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)


Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z to Receive Official KitKat Update in May

It’s no secret that although Sony is one of the most … more

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more