XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Recovery

Tip us?

novice72
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No Recovery

Hey, guys. This is my first post. I am now on my second SGS 4 verizon replacement and today I tried to root it, get twrp, and then CM. I rooted it with odin by using the method where you drop the files onto your phone, reboot, delete the files, and finally reboot. I got root. But when I started up goomanager, the twrp download didn't start so I downloaded ClockworkMod. I rebooted into recovery after installing the Gapps and CM but decided that ClockworkMod was too intimidating so I rebooted. Then, I went into rom toolbox, and flashed twrp 2.5.x.x. After that, I tried to reboot into recovery but what happened was it went into download mode right after the blue letters say rebooting into recovery. Now, I am freaking out because I am rooted but can't get twrp so I can't get CM and touchwiz is awful. Please, any help is much appreciated. I am lost and inexperience! Should I go to VZ and have them reset my phone and start from scratch?

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice72 View Post
Hey, guys. This is my first post. I am now on my second SGS 4 verizon replacement and today I tried to root it, get twrp, and then CM. I rooted it with odin by using the method where you drop the files onto your phone, reboot, delete the files, and finally reboot. I got root. But when I started up goomanager, the twrp download didn't start so I downloaded ClockworkMod. I rebooted into recovery after installing the Gapps and CM but decided that ClockworkMod was too intimidating so I rebooted. Then, I went into rom toolbox, and flashed twrp 2.5.x.x. After that, I tried to reboot into recovery but what happened was it went into download mode right after the blue letters say rebooting into recovery. Now, I am freaking out because I am rooted but can't get twrp so I can't get CM and touchwiz is awful. Please, any help is much appreciated. I am lost and inexperience! Should I go to VZ and have them reset my phone and start from scratch?
There's no custom recovery for the new updates, hasn't been for awhile, won't be any time in the immediate future or ever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY