5,600,919 Members 41,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New S4 problems with 4.3 update.

Tip us?

jp0213x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down New S4 problems with 4.3 update.

I got the S4 during the black Friday sale at best buy, I've had the phone only 8 days and I'm already running into problems. There has been 2 instances when I get a call, there is no audio. The person cannot hear me or I cant hear them or there is complete silence. Another weird thing I notice was my custom ringtones reset back to the defaults for my contacts and text notifications. Not sure if this has anything to do with the 4.3 update but I am planning on returning to BB and swapping out for another S4. I didn't get a chance to use the phone before updating to 4.3 but is there any way to stop the OTA with the new phone swap? I want to hold off a bit with 4.3 to see if the problem comes back.

rgrountree
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
I got the S4 during the black Friday sale at best buy, I've had the phone only 8 days and I'm already running into problems. There has been 2 instances when I get a call, there is no audio. The person cannot hear me or I cant hear them or there is complete silence. Another weird thing I notice was my custom ringtones reset back to the defaults for my contacts and text notifications. Not sure if this has anything to do with the 4.3 update but I am planning on returning to BB and swapping out for another S4. I didn't get a chance to use the phone before updating to 4.3 but is there any way to stop the OTA with the new phone swap? I want to hold off a bit with 4.3 to see if the problem comes back.
Interesting,

I too bought the S4 at BB on Black Thursday. I am also having intermittent issues with phone calls as you described. Not all the time but probably on 8 calls. There is absolutely no audio but the call shows to have connected and seconds are counting on. I had this happen on both outbound and inbound calls. We got 4 phone at the time and mine seems to be the only one doing this.

I went to the Sprint store today and they ran the activation process to see if that would fix. Still waiting and hoping it won't happen again.

Interested in others thoughts or experiences as well. .

jp0213x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrountree View Post
Interesting,

I too bought the S4 at BB on Black Thursday. I am also having intermittent issues with phone calls as you described. Not all the time but probably on 8 calls. There is absolutely no audio but the call shows to have connected and seconds are counting on. I had this happen on both outbound and inbound calls. We got 4 phone at the time and mine seems to be the only one doing this.

I went to the Sprint store today and they ran the activation process to see if that would fix. Still waiting and hoping it won't happen again.

Interested in others thoughts or experiences as well. .
I went back to BB and did a swap. I am back at 4.2.2. Is there any way I can prevent the OTA?

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post
I went back to BB and did a swap. I am back at 4.2.2. Is there any way I can prevent the OTA?
Yes. Just don't take it.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

jejb
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Yes. Just don't take it.
And you can stop it from bothering you with notifications, too. On the notifications pane, long press the update notification. Go to App Info and then uncheck the Show Notifications box.
Samsung S4 (9505), Samsung S3, HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, HTC TouchPro 2, HTC 6700 (all Sprint)
The Following User Says Thank You to jejb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]