5,601,223 Members 54,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-view cover on the note 3 problem!!!

Tip us?

J!N
Old
(Last edited by J!N; 6th December 2013 at 06:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone S-view cover on the note 3 problem!!!

HEY guys i just bought a g note 3 yesterday along with the official s-view cover.
The cover functions in the way as described, but when i fold the cover full towards the back for example i fold it when i text the phones goes in to the s-view mode (like when the cover is closed) note: the cover is still open and folded towards the back of the device.
I would like to know whether this problem is caused by the cover or the phones connectivity with the cover?

Thanks for your help in advance

Xanza89
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by J!N View Post
HEY guys i just bought a g note 3 yesterday along with the official s-view cover.
The cover functions in the way as described, but when i fold the cover full towards the back for example i fold it when i text the phones goes in to the s-view mode (like when the cover is closed) note: the cover is still open and folded towards the back of the device.
I would like to know whether this problem is caused by the cover or the phones connectivity with the cover?

Thanks for your help in advance
I used to have a similar problem when I used that case. Instead of going into S-view mode like yours does, mine would do the opposite. When I closed the cover it would show my Home screen through the cover. It sorted itself out eventually. Not sure what causes this though. Sorry I can't really be of any help other than just wait it out, it will probably start working correctly eventually. Your not the only one who has had this kind of issue though.

Krakataus
Old
Thanks Meter 9
You should send your cover back under warranty. It is a problem with a magnet on the bottom side of the flip, which in your case is probably too strong.
Don't hesitate, This is a known manufacture problem of a few exemplars, and does not happen in working ones.

Cheers,
K

Hal10000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My s view cover doens't stay shut in most cases. I close it and it opens again - in particular once I opened it completely. Is this normal or are the magnets not strong enough and I should have it exchanged?

Mikegrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal10000 View Post
My s view cover doens't stay shut in most cases. I close it and it opens again - in particular once I opened it completely. Is this normal or are the magnets not strong enough and I should have it exchanged?
Mine does this, too. Not exactly what I expected for that price. But it always closed enough so that s-view was active.

christianpeso
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal10000 View Post
Their are no magnets to keep the case closed. The magnets are there to tell the phone when to enter/exit S-View mode. Case is a good idea, but with it not closing all the way, I took mine back. Waiting on the Spigen S-View case which has a clasp to keep the cover closed. Was just announced and has a shipment date of around the 1st of the year.