5,600,335 Members 35,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] D4 Screen Toast - How To Recover Files?

Tip us?

sean9721
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] D4 Screen Toast - How To Recover Files?

My D4 bit the dust tonight after having it for a year and a half. I think moisture from leaving it in the bathroom during my showers killed it. The phone gets power, but when I turn it on I get white/black static. It won't even show the Motorola boot animation. I am wondering if there is a way to get my pictures off the internal memory card? When I plug my phone up to the computer I get the little sound that my phone is connected, but it doesn't show up. I have tried a reset and booting into safe mode, but the screen just shows black/white static.

Hawkje
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9721 View Post
My D4 bit the dust tonight after having it for a year and a half. I think moisture from leaving it in the bathroom during my showers killed it. The phone gets power, but when I turn it on I get white/black static. It won't even show the Motorola boot animation. I am wondering if there is a way to get my pictures off the internal memory card? When I plug my phone up to the computer I get the little sound that my phone is connected, but it doesn't show up. I have tried a reset and booting into safe mode, but the screen just shows black/white static.
Hi, it sounds like you got the same problem as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552978
I wonder if more people will pop up having this problem suddenly. Can you check if you can connect to your Phone through adb when on the static screen? That still seems to work here.

It might make sense to move this discussion to that other thread to have one location for the people having the same problem.

sean9721
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkje View Post
Hi, it sounds like you got the same problem as described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552978
I wonder if more people will pop up having this problem suddenly. Can you check if you can connect to your Phone through adb when on the static screen? That still seems to work here.

It might make sense to move this discussion to that other thread to have one location for the people having the same problem.
That is pretty much exactly my problem. I'm surprised I missed that thread. Thank you.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 947
does the phone shown in device manager, when connected to pc?
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can
Always in motion is the future

ApriliaM3
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 12734
Discussion continued HERE.
Thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe