XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Power button ending call

Tip us?

ksoze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] Power button ending call

This seems a little strange to me - whenever I use my phone as a speakerphone or through my Bluetooth and the screen powers off, there is no easy way to turn on the display again without either ending the call (Power button) or going through the camera by holding the shutter button and then hitting the home key.

Does this happen to anybody else?

I'm on 14.1.G.1.518.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
This seems a little strange to me - whenever I use my phone as a speakerphone or through my Bluetooth and the screen powers off, there is no easy way to turn on the display again without either ending the call (Power button) or going through the camera by holding the shutter button and then hitting the home key.

Does this happen to anybody else?

I'm on 14.1.G.1.518.
Try again without "Adapt to lighting conditions" in Display > Brightness. And when the screen go off in the middle of the call scroll the phone. If the screen show up keep it in that way. If not try disabilitate also Optimized Backlight. Restart the Phone. Sometime happen with Android.

ksoze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Try again without "Adapt to lighting conditions" in Display > Brightness. And when the screen go off in the middle of the call scroll the phone. If the screen show up keep it in that way. If not try disabilitate also Optimized Backlight. Restart the Phone. Sometime happen with Android.
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck.

I found what the issue was - under Accessibility options, there is an option Power button ends call. That was enabled.

I don't remember enabling that option and I've never had the need to enter that menu.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck.

I found what the issue was - under Accessibility options, there is an option Power button ends call. That was enabled.

I don't remember enabling that option and I've never had the need to enter that menu.
Ok, but I don't understand why the screen do not show up anyway after call or even in the middle of the call. That option don't do that.