5,596,431 Members 39,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switch to a new phone and missed your evo?

Tip us?

jesuscash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 327
Default Switch to a new phone and missed your evo?

I switched to a galaxy s3 and had been using it for some time.
Things started going bad about a month or so ago, my sd card reader stopped working right, the area around my home button excessively heated up since day one, screen got scratched easily, and lastly, what made me activate my evo again, my charging port went out.

My god I forgot what a solid phone felt like. Just the touchscreen alone made me realize how cheap Samsung phones are.
I missed the build quality and responsiveness of this phone (although this one is starting to go on me, but its been through a lot)
In fact, I like my evo so much I have no motivation to take my s3 to Sprint again so they can order me a replacement (they told me to take it again if the port failed after they fixed it)
Anyone have something similar happen?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

premo15
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuscash View Post
I switched to a galaxy s3 and had been using it for some time.
Things started going bad about a month or so ago, my sd card reader stopped working right, the area around my home button excessively heated up since day one, screen got scratched easily, and lastly, what made me activate my evo again, my charging port went out.

My god I forgot what a solid phone felt like. Just the touchscreen alone made me realize how cheap Samsung phones are.
I missed the build quality and responsiveness of this phone (although this one is starting to go on me, but its been through a lot)
In fact, I like my evo so much I have no motivation to take my s3 to Sprint again so they can order me a replacement (they told me to take it again if the port failed after they fixed it)
Anyone have something similar happen?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'd have to agree...this phone is a rock compared to the s3. If you wanna switch back, let Sprint replace your s3, then call customer service and have them activate your evo, then sell the s3. Should be able to get a couple hundred bucks for it.

http://swappa.com/buy/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-sprint/us

Sent from my EVO LTE