5,597,084 Members 45,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] Help - Endless Bootlooping

Tip us?

themichael
Old
(Last edited by themichael; 7th December 2013 at 02:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Default [Solved] Help - Endless Bootlooping

Was running stock ROM rooted and everything was fine until I restarted the phone today. Started to boot loop and hasn't stopped. I've tried restoring backups, installing a ROM fresh and nothing works, just endless boot loops.

What else can I do?

Edit: Did the second option in the link below and it worked like a charm:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46205598

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1867

DONATE TO ME
Post re: boot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by themichael View Post
Was running stock ROM rooted and everything was fine until I restarted the phone today. Started to boot loop and hasn't stopped. I've tried restoring backups, installing a ROM fresh and nothing works, just endless boot loops.

What else can I do?
Have you tried to go into recovery and did a "Factory Reset" yet?
That usually works.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

themichael
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
Have you tried to go into recovery and did a "Factory Reset" yet?
That usually works.

Good luck!
Yeah, reinstalled entire ROMs and no luck.

ultwill
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:

What else can I do?
Sounds like she's bricked unfortunately. Might have put an incorrect kernal or flashing something that wasn't supposed to. I bought a bestbuy warranty and it just saved me, because I made an incorrect flash. It was hard bricked. Nothing I did would fix it. Improper kernals can fry CPUs, and if you're odining your stock firmware from sammobile and it still is looping, chances are that's what's happened.

trek7000
Old
(Last edited by trek7000; 7th December 2013 at 02:13 AM.) Reason: Additional info
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

What else can I do?
My Note 3 suffered a few random boot loops out of the box. Then it ended up in sheer boot loop hell soon after it was rooted. At first, I too thought I had done something wrong until seeing all the posts about unchecking "Always Allow Scanning".

After the phone spent a solid 12 hours rebooting over and over, never getting past the T-Mo splash screen, it finally came back up. I unchecked "Always Allow Scanning" in the WiFi settings, and it's been fine ever since.

It would get quite hot during the boot loops, almost too hot to touch, while draining the battery very quickly. I plugged it in and set it on the fan in the top of my computer tower to keep it from frying itself.

noobtoob
Old
(Last edited by noobtoob; 7th December 2013 at 03:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:

What else can I do?
Is your Knox flag already tripped? If so, I have a guide somewhere in here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545009

I had same issue. Heimdall fixed it. Try it out, let me know. I have a lot of downloads, but no feedback. I need to know what other sorts of issues it can recover...

Recommendation though is to try the Bootloop recovery first just to get into a good recovery position, then wipe pretty much everything, and perform the stock restore.

When the stock restore hits, it runs its own little recovery script automatically fixing bootloop issues. You can root and do whatever else you want after that... Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to noobtoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

conganhthuc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
try this it work for me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46205598
The Following User Says Thank You to conganhthuc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

themichael
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by conganhthuc View Post
This worked! tried the second option since it was easiest and it saved my phone! Thank you so much!