XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Index] Accessory Review

Tip us?

Dankchild
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [Index] Accessory Review

I recently purchased three cases and a screen protector for the tablet and figured I'd share my thoughts and experiences with them. I think it would be really nice to have all of the accessories categorized and reviewed in one place. Please comment with your accessories and your thoughts on them. I will use a 1-5 thumbs rating scale, feel free to do the same! it

Cases

Poetic StrapBack Case

This is obviously a premium case right out of the box. It has a great leather finish, which unlike the Note 3 and 10.1 is actually bordered with real stitching. The material is most likely imitation leather, but it looks and feels real enough. There is a small shiny brand logo on the front which I feel cheapens it, but I may just be nitpicking. The four top hooks grasp the device very tightly, and the bottom two are more relaxed to allow removal for the stand feature. It has four viewing angles. Also, the thick handstrap on the back is ideal for standing/mobile use. It has a cutout for charging too, which is nice.

MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-Shell Stand Case

A fantasitc basic case with a good stand feature. This is a great no frills case for people who are looking for a streamlined compact design.

COD Stand Leather Case

It feels fairly nice despite its terrible chemical odor. The plastic case that attaches to the device itself fits nice and snug. However, the magnet is either too strong or misplaced and results in the device turning on/off very frequently and unexpected. If it was not for the magnet, this would be a great case. Alas, the magnet is there and it results in a very poor user experience.

Screen Protectors

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield

Absolutely horrible. The screen protector was scratched and marred by the tool included for application. The application process is also a wet nightmare. The S-Pen does not work well at all with this, and it leaves divots and marks everywhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dankchild For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RiseUp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for this review! I think I'm going to get the StrapBack case.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk