XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few Carbon Rom questions

Tip us?

BeSalecker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default A few Carbon Rom questions

Just a few general questions on the stable version of Carbon Rom v 1.8 for our xt912's. I'm switching from liquid smooth because I can't stand the lack of support from the developers. I know version 1.8 is Jelly Bean 4.2 based so I just wanted to make sure there were no critical issues with this version. Are 3g and 4g working? Camera? Anything else not working worth note? And if possible maybe you guys who use it can tell me what you think of it. Thanks a lot!

BMan85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wanted to chime in a out my experience with Carbon ROM 1.8. I should start by saying that I really enjoyed Carbon. Both 3G and 4G work flawlessly, as does the camera. If I was to say battery life was as great as its countless customization options and stability I would stretching the truth. Please note that I only used Carbon ROM for approximately 1 week and as such, I don't for one second believe I spent sufficient time with Carbon to say unequivocally one way or the other. However, it's hard for me to fathom how any ROM that offers such immense versatility would not take a slightly greater hit to battery life. If you want to quench your thirst for the freedom to adjust just about every detail imaginable, Carbon ROM is the Big Gulp. Drink up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to BMan85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BeSalecker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan85 View Post
I wanted to chime in a out my experience with Carbon ROM 1.8. I should start by saying that I really enjoyed Carbon. Both 3G and 4G work flawlessly, as does the camera. If I was to say battery life was as great as its countless customization options and stability I would stretching the truth. Please note that I only used Carbon ROM for approximately 1 week and as such, I don't for one second believe I spent sufficient time with Carbon to say unequivocally one way or the other. However, it's hard for me to fathom how any ROM that offers such immense versatility would not take a slightly greater hit to battery life. If you want to quench your thirst for the freedom to adjust just about every detail imaginable, Carbon ROM is the Big Gulp. Drink up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
Thanks so much. I have a Maxx version of the xt912 so hopefully the battery life will be sufficient. I'll try it out when I get some free time. Cheers