5,598,820 Members 32,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone try the Tridea View Case?

Tip us?

b k w
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Anyone try the Tridea View Case?

Has anyone tried, or know about the Tridea View Flip Case?

I want to know if it has the integrated S-View functionality like the OEM and others out there. There aren't any reviews for this case anywhere and the window looks quite a bit smaller than the OEM S-View case which makes me think that it won't behave like the S-View case.

Link to the product:

http://www.amazon.com/Tridea-Samsung.../dp/B00FBK1MKG

Thanks!!

Deekayy
Old
Thanks Meter 48
If they had a black one I'd buy it (not sure why they made a black color for the non-s-view). Also it has a smaller s-view window so i'm skeptical if it'll function like the OEM features.

Hound88
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I bought the black one from eBay. Overall, its a decent case but does add bulk. The S-View function doesn't work, I think it's supposed to have a magnet but there isn't one.

I only use it when I'm out with my kids so they can use it in stand mode.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Forgot to mention that the plastic screen will get scratched up, mine had a hairline one right out of the box.

The card slot is so tight that I don't want to risk even putting one card in there for fear that it would rip.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hound88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b k w
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound88 View Post
I bought the black one from eBay. Overall, its a decent case but does add bulk. The S-View function doesn't work, I think it's supposed to have a magnet but there isn't one.

I only use it when I'm out with my kids so they can use it in stand mode.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Forgot to mention that the plastic screen will get scratched up, mine had a hairline one right out of the box.

The card slot is so tight that I don't want to risk even putting one card in there for fear that it would rip.

Thank you for the review!! I've decided to get the Spigen one instead now that's its been released.