5,594,282 Members 43,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Now Problem

Tip us?

Landara
Old
(Last edited by Landara; 7th December 2013 at 05:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Default Google Now Problem

T.L.D.R. VERSION: Google Now not speaking out loud. 4 year old :sadface:

Hello. Today I bought a new Nook HD for $79. My daughter has always wanted a tablet and the deal was too good to pass up, so since her birthday is coming up soon, I bought one. Problem I am having is that whenever I use voice search google now answers me, but not out loud. If I ask how tall Kobe Bryant is, it will tell me. It will show his card. It will not, however, speak out loud. This presents a problem because Isabella is 4 years old this week, she can't read! It would be awesome beyond measure if she could ask her tablet questions and get answers, but if it is only going to show cards, she won't be able to do this

I do have the option enabled in Chrome and every setting I can find pertaining to it. But it just doesn't seem to work. I am not rooted or anything, just installed Nova Prime and and using that as my launcher. Aside from that, everything is stock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Dell Venue Pro 8 | Windows 8.1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: LG Nexus 5 16gb Black | CARRIER: Aio Wireless | ROM: Cataclysm | KERNEL: Trinity for Nexus 5, by Lord Morfic.

wellersl
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I wish I could help. I have an HD+ with a custom ROM and it seems to work as intended. Thanks for showing me a feature I didn't know it had!
American.
Veteran.
Patriot.

Sherip
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara View Post
I do have the option enabled in Chrome and every setting I can find pertaining to it. But it just doesn't seem to work. I am not rooted or anything, just installed Nova Prime and and using that as my launcher. Aside from that, everything is stock.
In Chrome? What about in Google Now?

Sent from HD+ MAG2GA CM 10.2 from SD

Landara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherip View Post
In Chrome? What about in Google Now?

GNow isn't working either. It opens chrome to display the answers. In a new tab.

Tablet: Dell Venue Pro 8 | Windows 8.1.

Phone: LG Nexus 5 16gb Black | CARRIER: Aio Wireless | ROM: Cataclysm | KERNEL: Trinity for Nexus 5, by Lord Morfic.

Sherip
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landara View Post
GNow isn't working either. It opens chrome to display the answers. In a new tab.
Check settings in the Google Search app. There you can enable Google Now and Voice Output. I'm not sure the B&N version of android is compatible, supposedly you need android 4.1 or higher.